Just had my pip call. It was rushed, but I felt it went okay. What should I do next? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had my pip call. It was rushed, but I felt it went okay. What should I do next?

idontlikeliving
idontlikeliving Community member Posts: 119 Courageous
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I don’t know how it went. We will see the outcome but I have to say. There was no point in me writing down anything. As I didn’t even get the chance to say anything from my notes. It felt so rushed, she was polite but kept interrupting me when I was explaining my OCD. She said, sorry to interrupt but I’m scared we’re going to run out of time. At that point, I thought what’s the point. Tbh, just glad it’s done. Let’s see what the outcome is. She said I’ll get a letter in about 6 weeks. What does anyone recommend me doing now? I’ve seen folk saying they ring up after a week. 

But god I feel so tired and drained after that call. Apart from her interrupting I felt it went ok on my behalf. Thanks guys for all who helped. I really appreciate all the advice I’ve been given xx

Comments

• idontlikeliving
    When I say on my behalf I mean I meant I think I handled it ok. Apart from the crying and panic. I felt daft 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Glad the assessment is done 

You can request a copy of your report 7 days after the assessment 

However not always recommended as it can cause more stress and it is only one part of the evidence and it isn't the final decision 

Decision take around 8 to 12 weeks 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Good luck with everything @idontlikeliving
    The wait can be stressful but you can ask for a copy of your report a few days after the assessment to work out how many points you may have scored.
    Some people prefer not to as it just increases their anxiety. 
    The decision makers usually go with the report but not always.  :)
  • idontlikeliving
    @janer1967 yeah, I think if I rang up and got a copy I think it won't help me at all. ESP having to wait more weeks after to know the final decision xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    I'm sorry you felt rushed. To be honest in past assessments i've also felt that writing anything down wouldn't have helped because there's never enough time to look through what you've written and answer the questions. No one can predict what questions will be asked either so i just attend and answer questions the best i can.
    This is where writing as much information on the form is always the best thing to do, this way there's potentially less questions to ask during the assessment.
    Once the report has been returned to DWP you can ring to request a copy. Some do, some dont. Will it increase your anxiety, yes highly likely. Do they mostly go with the report? Yes BUT not always. Whether you decide to request it is your choice. Some members here think asking for it is the wrong thing to do.
    Waiting times for a decision can be anything up to 12 weeks because at the moment backlogs are huge.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • idontlikeliving
    @poppy123456 yeah that’s exactly how I felt. I felt I didn’t have enough time to find the bit I wanted to say. 

I totally messed up with the form, I wish I had joined this forum before i had submitted the form. So I had more of a clue what to write. Because when I was doing the form I didn’t think of half of the stuff whats had been recommended to me by yourself and a few others. 

Yeah I’ve noticed it’s a long time to wait for the outcome. We will see what the outcome is and more than likely I will be asking for more advice what to do. Just glad that call is over. ? xx
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Try not to think negatively, lots of people successfully claim PIP without any problems at all. It's impossible to predict anything at this stage. I totally get the anxiety part of the whole process but try to relax and think about something else. At least the assessment is now completed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • idontlikeliving
    @cress yeah I’m gonna see how I feel in a week and if I feel I can handle the report or not. If they go with the report, there’s the MR? I do feel I’m entitled to something. So I would ask them to look at it again. And add more info if I can xx
  • idontlikeliving
    @poppy123456 yeah I will just take my mind off it now. Whatever the outcome. I’ll deal with that then. Thankyou xx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Pleased you got through your assessment @idontlikeliving - good for you. And yes, do try & relax now, these assessments do drain you, so just try to unwind; hope you can. We'll all have everything crossed for you. :)
  • idontlikeliving
    @chiarieds I will try ??Thankyou so much. Means a lot xx
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I would always advise making a note of the most important pints you want to get across, I'm also in favour of requesting a copy of the report, if it's not what you expected at least it gives you time to prepare for the next steps, and you never know it might be what you expected.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• idontlikeliving
    @woodbine I made important points but then went into depth about them. When I went into depth with a few to explain that’s when she interrupted me and said about the time. Her saying that made my head to think I dare not say anything now. My ocd is really complicated to explain so being rushed I just went to pot even with the notes in front of me. 

You know that’s an actual really good point. Because I do like to prepare. Well try to ?? thanks ? 
  • C_J
    C_J Community member Posts: 715 Pioneering
    I had a pip phone assessment today and wow was it a little stressful a couple of times I had to stop her and say "sorry I don't quite understand"  and "I'm sorry I've missed the question your going a little to fast for me" however it made no difference it was like quick fire questions.

However I think it went ok although I do feel drained I did have pen and paper handy but there was no time for that so let's see what happens next.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    @c_j I'm sorry to hear it was a little too fast for you, but glad you think it went ok overall. Will keep my fingers crossed for your outcome! 🤞
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • C_J
    C_J Community member Posts: 715 Pioneering
    @c_j I'm sorry to hear it was a little too fast for you, but glad you think it went ok overall. Will keep my fingers crossed for your outcome! 🤞
    Thank you I appreciate that I guess they have a lot of people to get through. Thanks again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.