New to this group. I've had my in-person assessment and have requested report, just waiting now — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New to this group. I've had my in-person assessment and have requested report, just waiting now

Options
MaisieBoohoo
MaisieBoohoo Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited September 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hiya
i have been quietly reading all your responses, which have been so useful.
my story is I am 57 and still employed full time but have lupus, inflammatory arthritis and osteoarthritis.
I am awaiting 2 new knees, so my issues are around pain, difficulty with anything that involves bending over, getting in and out of bath etc. My mobility is very impaired but still get from house to car if needed.
I applied for PIP in Feb 2021 and heard nothing…I thought they just thought I was not suitable…then got a letter to go for in person assessment on 27th August 21
actually good assessment, the HCP was an OT and they are very good at looking how you are affected.
She asked if I had anyone living with me, so said YES husband who is huge help, with bathing, putting socks shoes on etc getting food out of oven etc
she asked what equipment I had, so was able to say 2 perching stools, 2 raised toilet seats, bath board and stool, grab rails in bathroom. Handy grabbers to pick up anything on floor, riser recliner, plus occupational health stuff for my office. I did e plain I needed a second stairail as getting up stairs is much harder.
also asked about pets..we have 4 cats but luckily over years they learnt food is served at waist height only and don’t need cat litter trays as live in a big garden. I did talk about the psychological support they give.
she asked about fatigue and we discussed that
it lasted about an hr and 10 mins, she did not get me to do anything, as she said she could see how bad my mobility is as she watched me walk in.
she interestingly said the 2 people before me did not turn up!
I got letter on Friday 17/9 to say they had claim and I rang and asked you copy of report, so hope to report back on that soon. Hopefully I will then not have to wait too much longer…..
thanks for listening

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.