How does previous WCA affect LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How does previous WCA affect LCWRA?

boabeh
boabeh Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I've been out of work for 7years.
5 years ago I had a WCA and was put on LCWRA.
I had a WCA about 3 years ago and was deemed fit for work.
I have now had another WCA and been put back on LCWRA.

How does having a previous WCA affect the LCWRA payment? I only as as a few posts mention that having a previous WCA matters for some reason.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    3 years ago when you were found fit for work did you appeal that decision? If you didn't then when did you report a change of circumstances for the most recent decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    I assume the latest review was prompted by you reporting a change to DWP in which case the LCWRA element should be included from the fourth complete assessment period in which you reported the change.

Had you been in LCW group rather than  Fit for Work there would be no waiting period.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • boabeh
    edited September 2021
    3 years ago when you were found fit for work did you appeal that decision? If you didn't then when did you report a change of circumstances for the most recent decision?
    I didn't appeal, I didn't have the capacity at the time
    I was put back on JSA (until change to UC this year)and managed to attend, but not even a single job interview, just kept a low profile.
    I reported a change at the start of April when I put in a sick note. The WCA was a few weeks ago and I got the result today

calcotti said:
    I assume the latest review was prompted by you reporting a change to DWP in which case the LCWRA element should be included from the fourth complete assessment period in which you reported the change.

Had you been in LCW group rather than  Fit for Work there would be no waiting period.
    Yes, I was finally getting pressure to find work and confessed that I was in no way able so I have been putting in sick notes since.

*Thank you both for the replies*
  • poppy123456
    Your LCWRA will start from either August or September, depending on the exact dates of your assessment periods and when exactly you reported your health condition. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • boabeh
    edited September 2021
    Your LCWRA will start from either August or September, depending on the exact dates of your assessment periods and when exactly you reported your health condition. 

Thank you poppy.

(You've 22k posts! wow, my monocle just popped out :wink:)
  • poppy123456
    No worries. Yes i know lol i've been a member here for 4 years.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.