Feeling very down. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling very down.

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
In the last 5 days we have had three deaths, a neighbour, a neighbour who was also a close friend and about an hour ago a friend I have known for 50 years.
If i'm honest i've got to the point where i can't stop crying.
Life can be so hard and so it seems so short.  :'(
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi John 

I'm sorry for the loss of your friends and don't be concerned about the crying it's a natural emotion to express your feelings 

Unfortunately as we become order we start to lose the people who have been a big part of our lives 

Thinking of you and sm during this tough time 
  • atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @woodbine

So very sorry to learn about, your sad losses.

Life can be very cruel at times like this, but please stay strong and remember the happy times.

Stay safe.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    So sorry to read this @woodbine, one loss is a lot to handle but having that many in such a short period of time must be heartbreaking. You have our best wishes and thoughts, our inbox is always open if you need to discuss anything further, or if you feel as though you need some support during this challenging time.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2021
    Sorry to hear about your losses, that’s a lot to deal with in a short space of time, remember to stay strong and look after yourself
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm also sorry to read your sad news @woodbine - it's hard to find the words. We're all here for you, I'm sure you know. I hold you & SM in my thoughts & prayers as always, xx 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear your sad news, tough to take I’m sure. Chin up if you can old chap.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    Thank you all for your words of support at this difficult time, they mean so much to me 
    John x

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,808 Disability Gamechanger
    sorry to hear of your sad times, you take care,  hope your ok given time
  • woodbine
    leeCal said:
    Sorry to hear your sad news, tough to take I’m sure. Chin up if you can old chap.
    less of the old  :) if i recall correctly you're older than me  :)

• Justcheckingin15
    Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
    One day at a time @woodbine..Its perfectly ok to feel like you do..take time to grieve...Its a process..and one which 'eventually'..you will come out the other side.One day you will find yourself smiling..at a memory that pops up in your head...those kinda days will get more frequent..and you will realise you are getting stronger...Take Care..
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    So sorry to hear this. You must be devastated. Take care of yourself and just take one day at a time x
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear this you have your memories and remember the good times you had take care thinking of you xx
  • niamhgriffiths4
    niamhgriffiths4 Community member Posts: 35 Connected
    Hi woodbine sorry for your losses of your friends I’ve lost a family member as well he’s actually the first family member who passed away and I was so upset I had to stay in my flat and feel sad about it 
    again sorry for your losses

N.Griffiths

Brightness