Account issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Account issues

janer1967
janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
Just wondering if anyone else is having tech issues with their account 

I have reported this on several occasions to the community but apart from a initial response to say it had been reported I have had no updates despite sending additional emails I am disappointed to say the least 

My issues are i am not getting notifications for pm or badges or if I have been tagged and also unable to amend my notification preferences for the different categories 

I wanted to do this as I said I was taking a back seat and wanted to switch off some of the notifications to stop my inbox getting so full 

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issue like this 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @janer1967,

I'm sorry you're still experiencing this issue. To be completely honest, the reason why we've been quite slow to update on this problem (capacity issues aside) is that we simply don't have much of an update to give you, but you're quite right that we should have reached out and let you know that was the case.

I've actually replicated the issue you're having around notifications myself, and this additional evidence has been reported to our platform providers. However, we're still waiting on an update from them about possible fixes. Unfortunately we're heavily reliant on them resolving issues on their end, so we're just as anxious to see it fixed as you are.

If anyone else is having issues receiving notifications for private messages or badges, please either let us know below or email us at community@scope.org.uk as the more data we have, the easier it will be for the developers to work out what's going wrong. We'll be chasing about an update shortly and hopefully we'll have something useful soon.

With regards to adjusting your notifications, a very recent update to our forum software means that you can now adjust category-specific notifications within the categories themselves. Within a category view, e.g. coffee lounge, you can select a bell icon at the top left of the page and then make adjustments to your preferences.

A screenshot of the coffee lounge category in mobile view The bell icon is situated in the top lefthand corner and highlighted in a red box

Unfortunately you'll have to make adjustments like this for every individual category, which I acknowledge is incredibly fiddly. If you need any help with this, please let us know.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    @Adrian_Scope thanks for the update it is appreciated 
  • janer1967
    @Username_removed I get your point but I was really referring to scope notifications

Having a young son I keep my other notifications on my phone so he can contact me if in trouble or anything 

But yes I am considering turning off my scope ones 
  • janer1967
    Tending to agree with you on that one 

Brightness