HELP. I'm suspended on my job. I'm asking about an advanced payment on UC. How much could I get? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HELP. I'm suspended on my job. I'm asking about an advanced payment on UC. How much could I get?

thinkingsoul
thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
edited September 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
So I am currently suspended on my job and getting very little off them every week. universal credit asked me who I was employed by i told them and they manage to see how much I am earning or was, and I  going to apply for a advanced payment on my universal credit tomorrow morning, it says 324 it can give me? am sure the lady said it goes off your NI / how much your earning. Is this correct unless I'm wrong.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    UC is based on earnings received during your assessment period... not your NI. If this is a new claim for UC then the advance payment you can have will be for your maximum UC entitlement. If you're a single person over the age of 25, with no rent to pay then your maximum UC entitlement will be £324. Any earnings received during your AP will reduce this by 63%.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi  and welcome to the community 

I don't know the answer to your question but if you have been suspended from work it should be on full pay 

How long have you been suspended for and when is it likely to be resolved 
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 many thanks for your speedy response. she asked am I work I said I am still employed but suspended" and she had the system up knowing how much I earn from my company or did earn ect ect. she asked me who do I work for ect ect. I was completely honest. didn't think they would let me apply for it even though I'm employed and have very little coming in? 
  • thinkingsoul
    @janer1967 I am getting my 16hrs per week. I told the UC lady on the phone today when she called and she knew everything about how much I get ect ect. I have been suspended for 3 months now, i have my employment tribunal hearing on 10 December. but I told her I am not seeking how and won't be going back to them 
  • poppy123456
    If you're being paid for 16 hours per week while being suspended and you're not claiming for help with any rent there will be no UC entitlement because yoiur earnings will reduce it to zero.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 I have handed my notice in. and the lady on the phone said I am entitled to it. she checked how much I have earned ect ect. Plus I am not working. and can't afford my bills / rent. I was honest on my UC claim so not like I can get in trouble because they knew everything about my work earnings and everything.
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 I've handed my notice in anyway. The lady said I can apply for it so that's what I have done. but thank you anyway :) 
  • poppy123456
    I never said you weren’t honest. I was giving advice based on what you said regarding the 16 hours.
    Your UC entitlement will be based on earnings received during your assessment period. 6 days before your expected payment date you will receive your statement and in there it will tell you what elements you’re entitled to, your earnings from employment, The deductions for any earnings received and what payment if anything you will receive in your bank. 
    The advance payment will need to be repaid back so please be aware of that.
    Do you rent your home or live with parents? 
  • janer1967
    The people you speak to at dwp don't always give best advise 

They are outsourced call centre staff working from scripts and if they don't know the answer often make it up

You won't get any better or more accurate advice than
    what poppy gives so I would rely more on her expertise than a call centre 

I am also surprised you have resigned as you are missing out on the pay until a decision has been made about your employment 

Have you had any expert advice about your situation I would suggest acas if not already been in touch 
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 sorry I didn't mean to sound funny I no what you mean. I appreciate your help. I really do. I have handed my notice in this afternoon, so no longer employed by them. I told the UC lady I have handed my notice in and she knew how much I am getting from them. she knew everything about my wages ect ect. She said your entitled to apply for a advanced payment and will need to pay it back every month. will it tell me how much I will get every month on my UC journel ? I am on higher rate care on PIP. she said I will get more money on UC not sure what she means.?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    thinkingsoul said:..will it tell me how much I will get every month on my UC journel ? 
    Each month a statement will be posted to your UC journal confirming your payment for that month. The statement will appear a few days before you are paid.

Have you reported your health conditions and supplied details of a Fit Note?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    You still haven’t answered my question about renting. Do you rent your home or live with parents?

If you have a health condition that limits your capability to work then you need to report that health condition onto your journal and send in fit notes from your GP. This will start the work capability assessment process off. 
    Claiming PIP doesn’t automatically entitle you to more UC. 
    Each month on your journal you will receive a statement as I previously advised. I know you have handed in your notice for work but any earnings you receive in the meantime will reduce your UC by 63%. 
    I will completely agree with @janer1967 that the person you spoke to is from a call centre and isn’t the best place to go for advice. 
  • janer1967
    They know your earnings as they have access to earnings reported for tax purposes 
  • thinkingsoul
    @calcotti I have listed all the health condition I have. and also a doctor's note for one month. 
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 I live with just my sick mum that's all. pay her for food ect bills. I no what you mean and I appreciate your advice.
  • thinkingsoul
    @janer1967 I no they do as that's exactly what she said. she did say I am entitled to it. and knew how much I was earning and said if you ever start work , change mobile number or anything add it to your Journal. I told them I can't work and listed all my health problems. she said someone will call me tomorrow for my appointment. and said normally you would have to go in but said I don't have to ask I told her I can't. she was lovely. 
  • calcotti
    @poppy123456 I live with just my sick mum that's all. pay her for food ect bills. 
    You also said 
    ..and can't afford my bills / rent
    Even if you pay ‘rent’ to your mother UC will not provide help with this because you are renting from your mother.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • thinkingsoul
    @calcotti ok then. I no I am entitled to it regardless of what you say. but thanks 
  • poppy123456
    edited September 2021
    @calcotti ok then. I no I am entitled to it regardless of what you say. but thanks 
    You will not be entitled to help with any rent because you live at home with your mother, Calcotti is correct here. 

Your maximum UC entitlement will be  
    £324.84 per month. Which is why you’ve been offered an advance payment of the same amount because it’s your maximum entitlement as I advised.

If you receive any final earnings from your employer within your assessment period then this will reduce your UC by 63% as previously advised. So do be aware that your first UC payment maybe reduced to zero because of earnings. 
  • calcotti
    I did not say you are not entitled to UC, only that you will not be entitled to help with rent if you are renting from your mum. (I’m still not clear whether or not you are paying rent.)

After you have had a Work Capability Assessment, if you are found to have Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity you will be entitled to an extra £343/month from the fourth month of your claim. This may be what the person you spoke to was referring to but it is not related to your PIP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.