Had assessor report back- can I challenge it before receiving the final decision letter? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had assessor report back- can I challenge it before receiving the final decision letter?

Options
coralfang
coralfang Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Hello,

I received a copy of my assessor report which was completed this week, they have given me 2 points. I have completed the MR paperwork in anticipation that the decision letter will go with the assessors report. Am i able to send this over to them now before the final decision has been made, or shall I wait to receive their letter?

Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

There's no harm in sending extra information now but it maybe too late by the time it arrives. Postal delays are huge and it's taking quite sometime for mail to arrive with DWP and be added to the computer and it's not classed as arriving until this has happened.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @coralfang, hello and welcome to the community. You can not start a MR until you have received the official award notification letter. You posted that you have all the extra information and supportive evidence ready to send off. It may be wise to check that your MR evidence/ information is up to the standard to get the extra points for gaining a PIP award. Remember PIP is not awarded on a disability, diagnosis or the amount of prescription medications you are taking. PIP is awarded on your inabilities to cope or manage the PIP descriptors, activities safely and in a timely manner and repeatedly. So having the extra evidence or information to meet the criteria for being awarded PIP should help you achieve a successful award.
  • coralfang
    Options
    thanks for your reply, i will wait for the final decision letter to be received before i apply for an MR then. in my appeal paperwork i have listed why i feel the assessor is incorrect in their decision of saying i can do X and just explained fully for each section, why i cannot do it/need support/what happens when i do or last attempted to do it. does this sound a correct approach? thanks 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What you have had is only the assessors report it's not a decision, but yes your approach to MR seems sound, although it might be 8-10 weeks before you get a final decision.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    coralfang said:
    thanks for your reply, i will wait for the final decision letter to be received before i apply for an MR then. in my appeal paperwork i have listed why i feel the assessor is incorrect in their decision of saying i can do X and just explained fully for each section, why i cannot do it/need support/what happens when i do or last attempted to do it. does this sound a correct approach? thanks 

When i advised that you can send more information, i didn't mean the MR because obviously you can't request this until a decision's been made. There has been members here that have sent more information before the decision's been made  but as i said it maybe too late for that now.
    Just so that you're aware, the assessor doesn't make the decision, they write opinions which as based on what you said in your original form, your evidence and the assessment.
    You shouldn't concentrate too much on the report because doing so can harm your case.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • coralfang
    Options
    ahh yes, sorry i got confused then, thanks for explaining that, its very helpful.

yes in the MR papers i completed (which i may not need, i wont know until i get the final letter) i just put a response to why i didnt agree with the decision i could do a certain activity (scoring 0 points) and put the reasons why, i didn't get into if the assessor 'lied' or what was discussed on the call etc. 

thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.