Petrol rationing - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Petrol rationing

Options
13»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Does anyone know if petrol stations sell toilet roll? 

:D@66Mustang

We drove a long way yesterday and lots of motorway services were out of fuel but at least overhead signs were informing drivers of the approaching services supply or if no fuel 

That's good @janer1967. I'm sure some people still would have queued though, either through desperation or just in case! I know some people who've walked to their local petrol station to ask if they have fuel in, to save them the petrol it'd take to get there. 

I'm often glad I don't have a car!

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Tori_Scope I agree there bet those with electric cars are feeling pretty pleased right now 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope I agree to a certain level that if you had severe reading difficulty and I am aware that the test is not the same as a car or motorbike  I am trying to find the information about the three Eddie Stobbart drivers that  thought the job was out of reach because they couldn't read a write properly and they passed their test 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I did understand the argument being made  I have law degrees I come on here I fill in forms and all sorts of things like that 

Ask me to read a bus time table or a train time table  or read a map I got no chance but I can access the information on my phone or a computer or follow a sat nav 

It was the reference to people unemployed on benefits are basically illiterate  that I found not very nice 

If everyone was tested on here for literacy skills we wouldn't score perfect 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @66Mustang yes petrol stations thst have a shop sell toilet papper lol

@woodbine my petrol station has ran out again its getting stupid so far in wales 38 people have applied to do the training  and test  some havent worked for a long time  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,243 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I got fuel this morning with no problems, The petrol station was just round the corner from where i live and the person behind the counter told me they had a delivery this morning and are expecting another tomorrow.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nannymaroon
    nannymaroon Community member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I wish people would just calm down. My petrol gauge is on the red line. I only use £15  of petrol pw. I have been unable to go to a medical appointment today because I could not get any petrol. 37 cars were lined up outside the station all down the road and around the corner.

Please don't panic buy because that will cause an actual shortage.
    Am I alone in finding all this very embarrassing?
    i wonder if they are laughing about in in the EU.
    It's easier to be nice🙂
  • snailpace
    snailpace Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    Options
    @nannymaroon, Hi, I don’t drive, but I agree all this is very embarrassing and so no you are not alone. My mum has had to ring 999 for her husband and thankfully one came within 15 minutes. If there had of been any delay due to petrol shortage, I would of felt different.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I have filled my car twice now in the last few weeks with no trouble at all.
    First time there was one car in front of me, yesterday none at all. I live in the north of the country and believe all the trouble is down south, especially London and gets into the news because of that.

Brightness