Sharing is carrying, carrying is love — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sharing is carrying, carrying is love

Options
iza
iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
Hi, I wold like to find out how people share their own free time to show love towards orders. 
1) What do you do, how do you help and where? 
2) Do you know of any online pages, organisation which collect or accept  craft and art ?  I wonder if here in UK are such an organisation which later auction the art / craft for fundrase money for worthiness purpose.
Please let me know. Thanks Iza  

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I sometimes visit an elderly chap I know and he enjoys the company.

i don’t know of any organisation which auctions off art works etc though sorry.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I try and help people on here whenever I can, also help any neighbours if they need help, if I can that is.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t really do anything as I’m either not capable or don’t have the confidence.

All I can think of is that I try to help people while driving as much as I can. If I am out in the car it is usually for fun, I don’t have anywhere to be, whereas I’m aware the vast majority of others may be trying to get somewhere. I can afford to give up a small amount of my time to save them a bit. :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t really do anything as I’m either not capable or don’t have the confidence.
    You do help others by being here on the community supporting those that need it! ?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    Totally agree I always love to here from you 66Mustang. I feel I know you somehow, as you make me feel happy.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks @poppy123456 and @easy that is really very kind of you to say and has made my day. :) (Or night, as I have just woke up and checked the forum :D)
  • iza
    iza Scope Member Posts: 703 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi, thanks all, 

Brightness