I was recently awarded LCWRA, after a long wait. Am I entitled to any back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was recently awarded LCWRA, after a long wait. Am I entitled to any back pay?

Options
Tiagreenowl07
Tiagreenowl07 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hello everyone I was recently awarded lcwra but I first applied in nov 2020 they sent me a letter saying they couldn’t come to a decision and needed more evidence then I heard nothing until two months ago then was awarded lcwra am I entitled to any back pay... thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,246 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,
    If this is your first work capability assessment, there's a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and the LCWRA is then paid on the 4th month of your claim. It will either be either March or April that it starts from but it will depend on the exact date you first reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.