Online NHS Pharmacies - delivery to door — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Online NHS Pharmacies - delivery to door

MarkM88
MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
Anyone use any of the online pharmacies? Any recommendations? There’s so many to choose from. 

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I use boots online deliveries.
    Not had a problem.
    Myself I'd be wary of using the others from reading problems with stuff not turning up but for all I know other boots customers may have had that problem.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Boots wouldn’t work for me according to their website because it says they can’t post out to me refrigerated items and I would need insulin. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it's going to be area specific so might be worth asking some locals if possible. 

My Nan had loads of problems with boots deliveries, changed to another place and had loads of problems there as well.  Missing items, incorrect items, incorrect dosage etc.  Every delivery had to be checked very carefully.
  • arbfy2
    arbfy2 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    I use Lloyds Pharmacy - so far, quite good
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi all, 

No experience with online NHS pharmacies, unfortunately! However, I am wishing you all the best of luck with it @MarkN88. Thanks @Cress, @OverlyAnxious and @arbfy2 for sharing your experiences. Your experiences are invaluable. Does anyone else have any experience?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't order online but boots manage my prescription each month they get prescription from gp then deliver 

Always have problems never order in time and I have to call to prompt them 
  • arbfy2
    arbfy2 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
    Answer; change; my prescriptions are done by Lloyds Pharmacy (online) - great so far
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Well Pharmacy deliver mine, no issues at all. I order on the Patient Access app and then they deliver it from my local branch 3 days later and always call on the day to double check I’m in. They do Royal Mail delivery’s too but I think you have to register online for that.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,719 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    The pharmacy get my script from gp and get it ready for me, I've had issues where meds wernt in the bag and pharmacy say on their system its been collected, clearly not. Then I'm arguing with gp because the prescription had been sent, he's reluctant to do another one.Twice that happened with same drugs and they didn't see it as a red flag. I did say next time I would contact head office as meds don't just vanish.
    Also tried online with royal mail delivery until I realised even tho they had script it's not sent until you confirm you still want it.  :/ waste of time and as I have so many meds it's not worth the hassle.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    My local Well pharmacy deliver mine to the door within two days of ordering online from my doctors. They are very close together and they also collect the prescription, or text it through to them. So far very little problems or issues. 

Brightness