Just had my PIP assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had my PIP assessment

Options
steveo928
steveo928 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I applied for PIP in June and just had my telephone assessment. The assessor was pleasant enough but I was so nervous and I really don’t think I explained my difficulties that well. She seemed to think I was explaining well but I just felt I missed loads out due to nerves.  

At the end of the call she said that she’ll do the report and send it off to the DWP today and not to worry, it’ll take about 8 weeks to hear back but any money will be backdated. 

She did ask about my school years and exams. I explained that I was always distracted in class and deemed “the naughty kid” but had no support from them due to my lack of concentration etc. The assessor said that times have changed now and they’re more supportive compared to when I was school age (about 15 years ago.) 

I just felt the school question really random. Did your assessor ask you this? Or anything else random? 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I believe it’s just to understand your background. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,296 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The school question is often asked and not random at all. It can tell them a lot of things about how your conditions affect you, which is what the assessment is for. It's impossible to speculate anything at this stage.
    Decision waiting times are between 2-12 weeks depending on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danielleD
    danielleD Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Options
    I tried to discuss elements of my background and she quickly stopped me and said she didn't need to know about anyhing "historic" but that's where I felt comfortable starting but the assessor wouldn't let me I found it frustrating 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.