I have a double barreled question about ESA and reporting health changes. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a double barreled question about ESA and reporting health changes.

Manudxp
Manudxp Community member Posts: 67 Connected
hi everyone, I'm back again.

My first question is about my contribution based ESA support group, which apparently due to be reassessed in November.
(ok there may be a few extra Q's along the way).
How will I be contacted about this and how can I avoid having to go somewhere to be assessed AGAIN??

My second question is, I have recently sumbitted my PIP Payment Award Review. Do I need to contact DWP or whoever it is to report a change in my disability, in this case a worsening of??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    Manudxp said:

My first question is about my contribution based ESA support group, which apparently due to be reassessed in November.
    How will I be contacted about this and how can I avoid having to go somewhere to be assessed AGAIN??

My second question is, I have recently sumbitted my PIP Payment Award Review. Do I need to contact DWP or whoever it is to report a change in my disability, in this case a worsening of??

Thanks in advance

to answer your first question did you get information from the group to further contact you by email, telephone? or message? to your second question, if it's worsening and you feel as if you should tell them then maybe give them a call or email if you prefer telling them. hope this helped
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Manudxp
    Neither, I'm just, was, aware I was due to be reassessed next month, apparently.
    One of the main things I constantly repeated was how my condition had worsened due a few reasons. 
    Do you feel I should also call them to tell them?
    Thank you ellieflower3
  • Manudxp
  • ellieflower3
    Manudxp said:
    Neither, I'm just, was, aware I was due to be reassessed next month, apparently.
    One of the main things I constantly repeated was how my condition had worsened due a few reasons. 
    Thank you ellieflower3
    no worries :) 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Manudxp said:
    Thank you ellieflower3
    ah okay :) can you get in touch with them?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Manudxp
  • ellieflower3
    yeah
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Manudxp
    There is a number to call, infact I just accidentally ended the call after being on hold for over half an hour.
  • ellieflower3
    because you seemed worried bout your condition worsening id call them
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    Manudxp said:
    There is a number to call, infact I just accidentally ended the call after being on hold for over half an hour.
    hope they pick up
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • Manudxp
    I hear you. Yes my condition has worsened and I'm thinking that if it is on what I submitted to them, do they need me to call them?
    I find it rather inconvenient being on hold because I mind starts to uncomfortunately race faster than I feel comfortable with. Will they be taking note of my speech which is fine in aj phone call, etc etc etc...
    I'm not one to notrmally over think or worry but the whole, ANNOYING esa, pip process is a completely different ball park
  • Manudxp
    ellieflower3 it's greatly appreciated.

• ellieflower3
    Manudxp said:
    I hear you. Yes my condition has worsened and I'm thinking that if it is on what I submitted to them, do they need me to call them?
    I find it rather inconvenient being on hold because I mind starts to uncomfortunately race faster than I feel comfortable with. Will they be taking note of my speech which is fine in aj phone call, etc etc etc...
    I'm not one to notrmally over think or worry but the whole, ANNOYING esa, pip process is a completely different ball park
    yes please call them
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Manudxp said:

Thanks in advance

Backlogs for work capability assessments are huge so you may not be contacted in Novemeber for a review. The timescale they give you for your review date is just a guide and nothing more. Support Group is an  ongoing award until a decision's been made on your next review.
    When you are finally contacted, you will recieve the work capability assessment form in the post. You will need to fill that in with as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible. You need to make sure they receive it back no later than the deadline in the letter.
    Most people have assessments, even for reviews. These are still being completed via telephone but face to face assessments have started back up for some people.
    For your PIP, if your condition had changed then you should have clearly stated this in your review form that you recently returned. If you didn't, then you can tell them all about your conditions during your assessment, as again most people have them. Pointless ringing to report the changes while you're in the process of a review anyway.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ellieflower3
    Manudxp said:

Thanks in advance

Backlogs for work capability assessments are huge so you may not be contacted in Novemeber for a review. The timescale they give you for your review date is just a guide and nothing more. Support Group is an  ongoing award until a decision's been made on your next review.
    When you are finally contacted, you will recieve the work capability assessment form in the post. You will need to fill that in with as much information about how your conditions affect you as possible. You need to make sure they receive it back no later than the deadline in the letter.
    Most people have assessments, even for reviews. These are still being completed via telephone but face to face assessments have started back up for some people.
    For your PIP, if your condition had changed then you should have clearly stated this in your review form that you recently returned. If you didn't, then you can tell them all about your conditions during your assessment, as again most people have them. Pointless ringing to report the changes while you're in the process of a review anyway.
    wow. i should delete my comments due to mine not making sense ouch
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • poppy123456
    Manudxp said:
    yes please call them

Not sure why that is needed here especially as the OP is currently in the middle of a PIP review.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456

I wouldn't advise anyone to do this without first getting some expert advice.  A worsening of condition doesn't need to be reported unless you've fully checked that more points can be scored for a higher award. (PIP) By reporting changes there could be a risk to any current award. You must have also been experiencing the worsening of conditions for at least 3 months and expect them to last at least a further 9 months.
  • ellieflower3
    okay. no need to get so rude to me
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • poppy123456
    I wasn't being rude at all and i'm sorry you thought that.
  • Manudxp

I wouldn't advise anyone to do this without first getting some expert advice.  A worsening of condition doesn't need to be reported unless you've fully checked that more points can be scored for a higher award. (PIP) By reporting changes there could be a risk to any current award. You must have also been experiencing the worsening of conditions for at least 3 months and expect them to last at least a further 9 months.
    Well my condition has worsened and how was clearly put on my pip Payment reward review. I'd hope that what I've put should hopefully score me more points because I've recently had to quit work because of the worsening. Do I still need to call them then?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.