Re-theme launching this morning (Thursday 14 October) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re-theme launching this morning (Thursday 14 October)

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
Good morning all,

Our community re-theme is launching this morning. As with any major technical changes, there are likely to be disruptions. Things will break!

We ask you to bear with us and please feel free to let us know if something continues to not work.
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    HI @Adrian_Scope i notice there's no motoring/Blue badge section and no carers allowance section, is this a perminant thing?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @poppy123456

Motoring/Blue badge: 
    This is unlikely to be permanent. For now, we'll encourage motoring, Blue Badge and Motability posts to be made in the Housing, transport, and independent living category, with a view to changing back to a dedicated Motoring/Motability and Blue Badge category in the near future.

Carer's Allowance:
    This may end up being permanent. We have renamed 'What am I entitled to?' as 'Benefits and financial support' and will start encouraging Carer's Allowance posts to be made there and moved into that category.
    It's important to note that all these changes depend on user journey data and continued testing. If future outcomes suggest a dedicated Carer's Allowance category is needed, then we'll recreate it.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Adrian_Scope - I have a similar question about ''Physical impairments' & 'Neurological conditions.' If a person hasn't got CP, it would seem their only choice would be posting in 'Chronic pain' or 'Rare, invisible & undiagnosed conditions' sections......
  • poppy123456
    Thanks Adrian. My first thoughts of the new layout is for me, even more confusing. When clicking on the categories it doesn't always acknowledge that you've done this so i end up having to click a few times. So far i much prefer how it was before. Once you're in that section, it's more difficult to tell whether there's any new threads.  Whether i change my mind once i get used to it remains to be seen. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • postmanpat68
    postmanpat68 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    I cannot see anywhere to start a new discussion on any category using windows laptop.
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Community member Posts: 542 Pioneering
    I’m with Poppy. Quite confusing to be honest. Maybe it’ll just take time to get used to it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    So far I'm liking the new look but early days and not looked in great detail 

Like that it shows number of view and who last commented on the thread 
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    I cannot see anywhere to start a new discussion on any category using windows laptop.
    im having that problem 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
    Leigh14 said:
    I’m with Poppy. Quite confusing to be honest. Maybe it’ll just take time to get used to it.
    is there a discussion button, I can't see one?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Nor on my Mac
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Too left hand corner, three lines, click that. 
  • postmanpat68
    postmanpat68 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    MarkN88 said:

That is only on the mobile version, nowhere to be seen on windows or mac.

• calcotti
    MarkN88 said:
    Can't see that. There's the S with two lines which takes you to the community but I still can't see where to start a discussion.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I’ve just looked. On both mobile and desktop at the bottom right there is a purple circle with a plus sign, click that. 
  • chiarieds
    On my desktop, now at top right above Categories, there's +New Post
  • calcotti
    chiarieds said:
    Great - that wasn't there before.
  • poppy123456
    chiarieds said:

Yes, that's the same for me and i agree it was there when i looked earlier. Still don't like the new look at all.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Thanks for the feedback so far guys, we've been making tweaks throughout the day (the new post button did vanish for a while but should be accessible in mobile and desktop now). We will be continuing to make tweaks and improvements for some time so please keep your feedback coming. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    It feels like there's so much more "clicking" in the old layout you could see if there were any new threads before clicking on that category but now you can't. Another thing that's really annoying is the "annoucements" at the top of the categories because you have to scroll down to see the threads. :/
  • chiarieds
    I'm not liking that people with a physical problem have nowhere to post apart from in Chronic pain. I also don't see the logic in now having neurological conditions in with rare & undiagnosed disorders. Also where have all the posts gone that were under 'Physical impairments & mobility issues'?
    The signature box has gone from being very small to the same text size as a person's reply, which seems a bit much.

Brightness