1st Hello...some advice needed Due to be dismissed due to ill health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

1st Hello...some advice needed Due to be dismissed due to ill health

Options
Jogty
Jogty Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2021 in Work and employment
Hello, hope everyone well ☺ I'm Jul. I'm considered disabled due to a condition struggling with for 2 years due to be dismissed due to ill health. Anyone able to help with advices? Thank you ???????
Tagged:

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @jogty - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining. We have members able to help who will probably get in touch when they see your post. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Jogty

Welcome to the community, good to see you join us. 

Sorry to hear that you are struggling with your health and are due to be dismissed for it.

I have moved your discussion over to our work and employment category and changed the title somewhat so that others know what your query is about.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

What advice do you need I have experience of medical dismissal and happy to try and help if I can 
  • Jogty
    Jogty Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello Janer, thank you. I'm just 52. So been advised against pension due to ill Health have a work pension, 20+ years. Mortgage, upto date. Issues with gas/electricity suppliers. Trying to sort, with help of charity advocate type person. CAB say I won't know what benefits entitled to until I'm actually dismissed from work. Likely to be end December. I've a are once a week to go out as housebound and limited walking..experience seizures... Sorry to go on. I'm just unsure if I should just leave everything until I have been dismissed.... Thank you ❤️ 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If its benefits you want to know about you could use a benefits calculator and enter details of what your circumstances will be after you finish work 

I would look into ill health retirement see what the criteria would be and get some expert advice who advised you not to look at this option 

You could be entitled to new style esa if you have enough ni contributions or uc with assessment could maybes qualify for lcwra 

Do you get pip if not have look into it and you can apply while working as not means tested 

Lots for you to look into get help from welfare rights and I suggest you get the ball rolling as all these take time 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    Options

Hi @Jogty

Thank you for sharing this with us.  I hope some of the advice suggested has been useful to you.  Please let us know how you are getting on, or if there is any further assistance we can provide.

Brightness