PIP Review Text Message ? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Review Text Message ?

cookie1983
cookie1983 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi everyone ,

I got a pip review form 3 weeks ago and i know they received it i rang last week and they told me it was sent to capita and i would probably get an assement around the first 2 weeks of november. My pip was due to expire april past but got extended until september 2021 but like loads i got the review form earlier but i never asked for the review at any point as i was happy with my standard rate care , but the only change on this for is now i have fibromalgia and small nuerological issue's.

Today i got a text message from DFCPIP  saying ,

You've asked us to look at our recent PIP decision again, We will write to you once we've done this.As a guide you should hear from us within 10 weeks.You  don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us has changed. Thank you.

Can anyone help put my mind at ease as so much anxiety going through it at the moment and i wish i had read the text more clearly earlier but it took me 5 times for me to realise what it said . I never got the we got your form etc or anything else before this.

Thanks in advance for any insight or experience.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Everyone has reviews when claiming a benefit such as PIP, no one wants them but we have no choice to go through the process again. 
    The text sounds like it’s badly worded and it seems like it’s saying you asked them to look at the decision again, which suggests it’s a MR you’ve requested but you haven’t. 
    It’s related to your review form that you returned but it’s just taken a while for them to send the text.
    All you can do now is wait to be contacted regarding your assessment. 
    No idea what the backlogs are like in N. Ireland but here in the UK they are huge.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    poppy123456 said: No idea what the backlogs are like in N. Ireland but here in the UK they are huge.

Just wanted to point out that Northern Ireland is part of the UK!
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cookie1983
    Thank you for reply poppy,

Yeah that's what has me confused if i'm honest as i doubled checked the letter that's on the front part of the form and it clearly states it's time for my review and had to have my form in by 19th ocotber and i sent it right away 2 days after getting it.

I did have various doctor's letter's and other bit's to support what i was saying as here in N.I they have to contact your doctor for medical files and quite often now the doctor's don't reply with them as i've found this out with my esa claim in june they waited 8 weeks on a reply so based it on what i had said and i guess what was on my previous claim forms as i never had no issue getting it.
    But i had copies of all my recent med's for 2019 and then the last 6 months this year to the date i sent the form and can see i'm on more and some changed to much stronger med's.

As for backlog's capita here seem pretty much on top , as i filled my mum's in for her in march and they rang her about 2 weeks after the form was sent , as i put on her form about cancer but had no proof so they told her about the doctors and they would have to wait and in the end i had to get contact details for her clinical nurse and ring capita in June and the next morning they sent of the review to DWP and she got her reward no thanks to the GP.

I was maybe guessing too that capita had sent it back to dwp/pip for them to make a decision. I'm sure i'm wrong though as that would be too easy and quick lol.

• poppy123456
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: No idea what the backlogs are like in N. Ireland but here in the UK they are huge.

Yes I did know that but thanks! What I meant was the backlogs could be different over there than they are here. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cookie1983
    calcotti said:

Yeah your right and the same system and capita etc aswell.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    poppy123456 said:..What I meant was the backlogs could be different over there than they are here. 
    I did realise that! 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cookie1983
    edited October 2021
    Update!!

So i rang first thing this morning about the above text message as i couldn't settle all night.

I asked the lady why i got the message as she said it was just a standard text message but she said she'd have a look for me anyway as i told her it was with capita.

It turns out my reward hasn't been sent to captia yet but pip looked at my forms as i had loads of information and dates on it as far back as 2019 and some reports saying i had new illness 15 months before 2019.

I was moved over to pip injanuary 2018 from dla , but my interview was november 2017 and my motabilty side then was fine imo as i was honest and refused to do any movements as i made it clear i would be wasting her time as i felt fine so i got 0 points which i was fine with as my motabilty side wasn't that bad in 2017 it was on and off but nothing at the time for me to ask about an award for.

So fast forward to 4th october 2021 they got my review form as it runs out now in august 2022 but someone has clearly checked the info on it and awarded me standard rate motabilty , i only needed 1 point back then for enhanced daily living but i'm guessing they never looked at that part or were happy to stick with the decision but either way this was all unexpected to me.

So from today i'm now being backdated standard motabilty from january 2018 on my current reward and i'll receive the payment next week and the letter most probably after that.

Now it has me thinking as this seems quite rare to me , but now they looked at my past claim without me asking with pip themselves maybe look and deal with my new reward if i get anything of course?

The lady on the phone didn't know but she said she would take it as a positive for my reward when it's being looked at but made it clear it never was with capita even though i was told at the start of the week it was.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Update!!

So i rang first thing this morning about the above text message as i couldn't settle all night.

I asked the lady why i got the message as she said it was just a standard text message but she said she'd have a look for me anyway as i told her it was with capita.

It turns out my reward hasn't been sent to captia yet but pip looked at my forms as i had loads of information and dates on it as far back as 2019 and some reports saying i had new illness 15 months before 2019.

I was moved over to pip injanuary 2018 from dla , but my interview was november 2017 and my motabilty side then was fine imo as i was honest and refused to do any movements as i made it clear i would be wasting her time as i felt fine so i got 0 points which i was fine with as my motabilty side wasn't that bad in 2017 it was on and off but nothing at the time for me to ask about an award for.

So fast forward to 4th october 2021 they got my review form as it runs out now in august 2022 but someone has clearly checked the info on it and awarded me standard rate motabilty , i only needed 1 point back then for enhanced daily living but i'm guessing they never looked at that part or were happy to stick with the decision but either way this was all unexpected to me.

So from today i'm now being backdated standard motabilty from january 2018 on my current reward and i'll receive the payment next week and the letter most probably after that.

Now it has me thinking as this seems quite rare to me , but now they looked at my past claim without me asking with pip themselves maybe look and deal with my new reward if i get anything of course?

The lady on the phone didn't know but she said she would take it as a positive for my reward when it's being looked at but made it clear it never was with capita even though i was told at the start of the week it was.
    My review (change of circumstances) which I sent in august didn’t go to capita or the other company either..I didn’t get called for an assessment, they just paid a backdated amount into my account and the letter arrived the day after with my new award...
  • cookie1983
    Update!!

My review (change of circumstances) which I sent in august didn’t go to capita or the other company either..I didn’t get called for an assessment, they just paid a backdated amount into my account and the letter arrived the day after with my new award...

I'm still in for my new award as that was the reason for the review form, i'm hoping that whoever looked way back on my claim will do like yours and judge my review aswell but i guess it could be next week if they do have a look into it for me to hear anything if i ring them . If not then i guess they'll send it to capita .

I'm just still in shock that they even looked at my current claim as it wasn't asked for then the 3 years and 7/8 months back payment has me shocked. I do expect some motabilty on my new reward as it's quite bad but i never expected them to follow my small amount of hospital letters and medications so seriously. So i am thankful and very very greatful at the same time .

Now like everyone here i await the dreaded review/assessment.

Can i ask did you get the reward you thought you would?
  • poppy123456
    Update!!

I'm still in for my new award as that was the reason for the review form, i'm hoping that whoever looked way back on my claim will do like yours and judge my review aswell but i guess it could be next week if they do have a look into it for me to hear anything if i ring them . If not then i guess they'll send it to capita .

I'm just still in shock that they even looked at my current claim as it wasn't asked for then the 3 years and 7/8 months back payment has me shocked. I do expect some motabilty on my new reward as it's quite bad but i never expected them to follow my small amount of hospital letters and medications so seriously. So i am thankful and very very greatful at the same time .

Are you 100% sure that the person you spoke to has given you correct information? When you ring DWP you are ringing a call centre and you don't actually speak to someone from DWP.  It does seem rather odd that they would randomly backdate a claim as far back as 2018 and then not to extend your current award in the process.
  • cookie1983
    edited October 2021
    Update!!

Are you 100% sure that the person you spoke to has given you correct information? When you ring DWP you are ringing a call centre and you don't actually speak to someone from DWP.  It does seem rather odd that they would randomly backdate a claim as far back as 2018 and then not to extend your current award in the process.

I'm 110% sure as have rang the number many many times and even sorted my mum's claim out in june via it and it match's on the letter's and online.

It was pip i spoke too and they looked up the system as explained above to see why about the text , she repeated the amount i was receiving about 6 times as it's quite large and i thought it was a small amount.

The very same number i rang to check if they got my form and she was able to confirm the exact date they got the form that was was told twice before.

Maybe i'm being niave and got it all wrong as to what i was told. All i know my supporting evidence for my new review has dates that i never shown or claimed for motabilty back then as when i had my face to face i wasn't that bad and i don't believe in milking something that was maybe nothing.

You'v got me in another panick now as to why i might be told something wrong .......... oh well here goes my nerves and sleep until monday again......

EDIT:: Just to add that's why i posted and thinking that maybe now if they sorted that part yesterday they will now move on and look at my new review/reward .
    The person i spoke to said she couldn't confirm as couldn't see it on the sytem what was next but said it was very possible and it was a very good sign that i would get a new reward.

She gave me exact dates i got my pip reward , what rate i was on , what i was now awarded and what money i was getting backdated and when it goes in my bank account and that i'll get the letter afterwards. She was able to tell me about all the extra info i sent.

This is quite normal in  N.I as they do tell you what reward you get aslong as the letter is sent out they can tell you over the phone as i had it before and my mum found out her's over the phone aswell by ringing up.
  • poppy123456
    Update!!

You'v got me in another panick now as to why i might be told something wrong .......... oh well here goes my nerves and sleep until monday again......
    I'm sorry i've got you in such a panic. It just seems odd why they've looked at your current award and not extended it at the same time.
    It is possible that your file won't be sent to the health assessment providers and the decision maker could just extend it. I know this because it happened to my daughter this year. I returned her form for her review and received a decision letter less than 2 weeks later and her award stayed the same.
  • cookie1983
    Update!!

I'm sorry i've got you in such a panic. It just seems odd why they've looked at your current award and not extended it at the same time.
    It is possible that your file won't be sent to the health assessment providers and the decision maker could just extend it. I know this because it happened to my daughter this year. I returned her form for her review and received a decision letter less than 2 weeks later and her award stayed the same.

Your fine poppy as you were first to answer me last night when i panicked lol.

My only guess is the same person may of been looking at my claim and backdated and will now move forward with it and do my new reward , the lady said i current reward is until august 2022 which is correct as it was extended during covid and she said don't worry as it will be sorted take today as a big positive as it might not need much more looking into. If she could see something on her system she couldn't say anyway until it's confirmed as far as i'm aware?

Were you happy with your daughters award?

I'll be honest i have found it odd too with my back payment but with all the info and she was on the call half an hour explaining to me. I will ring on monday but i'll know for sure on wednesday as that's when the payment would be in my account she said it was down for the 20th.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Update!!

I thought I would get enhanced daily living as I now have hearing aids which I didn’t have last time, so that would give me the extra 2 points i needed..I thought I should have got enhanced mobility last time but they said because I could drive I could walk further than 20m - which was rubbish...I don’t drive much at the moment as I have numbness in one of my feet and that was enough it seems to get me the extra 2 points for enhanced mobility but I wasn’t expecting to get that so it was a bit of a surprise, the biggest surprise though was the ongoing award which I most definitely wasn’t expecting, nor was i expecting to not have to go for an assessment.  So I’m more than happy.

I must say there have been lots of articles in the press later about them changing things in connection with PIP assessments so perhaps things are changing already..I hope so and I hope more people manage to get awards they deserve and need without having to keep going through assessments every couple of years.  There are certain medical conditions which will never improve so it seems pointless to me to make those people go through assessments every couple of years if there is not going to be any improvement in their condition.
  • poppy123456
    Update!!

Yes i was. It stayed the same at Enhanced for both parts.
  • cookie1983
    Update!!

I thought I would get enhanced daily living as I now have hearing aids which I didn’t have last time, so that would give me the extra 2 points i needed..I thought I should have got enhanced mobility last time but they said because I could drive I could walk further than 20m - which was rubbish...I don’t drive much at the moment as I have numbness in one of my feet and that was enough it seems to get me the extra 2 points for enhanced mobility but I wasn’t expecting to get that so it was a bit of a surprise, the biggest surprise though was the ongoing award which I most definitely wasn’t expecting, nor was i expecting to not have to go for an assessment.  So I’m more than happy.

I must say there have been lots of articles in the press later about them changing things in connection with PIP assessments so perhaps things are changing already..I hope so and I hope more people manage to get awards they deserve and need without having to keep going through assessments every couple of years.  There are certain medical conditions which will never improve so it seems pointless to me to make those people go through assessments every couple of years if there is not going to be any improvement in their condition.

Yeah i presonally don't understand the scoring at times either as i was 1 point short of enhanced daily living and even if this backdated reward is true they never gave me the extra 1 point for daily living which i should have as have more wrong with me . But i'm just happy to have anything if i'm honest .

Maybe mine is another example of how things are changing and i will update this thread when the money goes into my account or if i'm told different on monday . I really hope it's true as i wasn't expecting it and it's a very large amount for me and my family and it will make christmas worry free for a change.

I hope like you they carry on with the paper assesement and if i get standard on both then i'll be quite happy even though i really do think i should have enhanced daily living but i'd be happy just to get an award and get it out of the way.
  • cookie1983
    Update!!

Yes i was. It stayed the same at Enhanced for both parts.
    That's great news poppy and i'm sure it's a big weight and worry of your mind it helps so much.

I'm normally very good at filling in the forms i'm help my mum for years before i got sick and she never even had 1 turn down , and i've helped a few of my mothers friends that were turned down and they got an award when i helped them with it as imo people fill in more to do with the condition and this is what i have rather than go into detail on how they feel day to day this is why so many get turned down, though i've seen some where the capita have more or less said things that weren't even true or put the opposite on the form that was said in a face to face.

• gerrys6
    gerrys6 Community member Posts: 171 Courageous
    I sent my form back in June for my p I p renewal which like a lot of people was extended until next year 2022 I’ve not heard anything don’t think I even got a text back yet . I’m in London I’d say there’s a huge backlog with covid restrictions not even being that lifted in June. I first received the form to fill in March and I got three months to fill it in I only found this out as I hadn’t filled it in within the month and rang to say could I have an extension and was told I had until June.. so quite a number of things have got worse medications have changed along with new things and old things got worse I really hope I’m as lucky as you are and get dealt with on paper I’m dreading the same old assessment it really feels like begging. 
  • cookie1983
    gerrys6 said:
    I sent my form back in June for my p I p renewal which like a lot of people was extended until next year 2022 I’ve not heard anything don’t think I even got a text back yet . I’m in London I’d say there’s a huge backlog with covid restrictions not even being that lifted in June. I first received the form to fill in March and I got three months to fill it in I only found this out as I hadn’t filled it in within the month and rang to say could I have an extension and was told I had until June.. so quite a number of things have got worse medications have changed along with new things and old things got worse I really hope I’m as lucky as you are and get dealt with on paper I’m dreading the same old assessment it really feels like begging. 

Your really spot on when it comes to feeling as if your begging it's horrible. Good luck !!
  • Angeange
    Angeange Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello I've sent my pip review form back over 6 weeks ago I phone to be told last week its in a cue for the case manager and today I call for an update and was told its now been passed to the desion maker has anyone had this done before and does it look like I might not have to have a face to face assessment 

Thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.