Christmas gift ideas. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas gift ideas.

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
As we start to think of ideas for Christmas gifts I've recently found a few on a great website called Etsy, lots of small retailers offering some unusual gifts at reasonable prices often with p&p included.

Hope its ok to mention this as i'm not advertising and have no connections to the site or anybody on it.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    I really like Etsy and have used it several times to buy gifts for people.

The vendors on there are mostly very skilled people who handmake stuff as a hobby or small business.

I recommend it :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Etsy is always a good shout, I like to use Not On the High Street too quite a bit at Christmas time.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,807 Disability Gamechanger
    i have used etsy a few times,its good to support smaller business
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @StanMoller. The very least you deserve!

If we can do anything else to support you please don't hesitate to let us know. I'm sure we'll have some more ideas we can share if needed  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    My favourite gift is hugs! They are free and cheerful <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Anything warm this year would be a nice present, perhaps a cat 🐈 they’re quite warm 🤣

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Home made gift vouchers for babysitting, looking after a pet etc; voucher for doing someone else's chores around the house, Voucher for a cooking for a week, fixing an item. A voucher for doing something for someone else that they feel they don't have the time for or are pushed to the limit by. The greatest gift you can give is your time X 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    I've spent hours looking at gifts on line for people, doesn't help when you don't know what to get. I'm going to keep it simple this year, not trapsing around shops. Unfortunately for me it's cheaper on line and more choices.

Brightness