Nervous for pip assessment. I don't remember what I put in the form. How can I prepare? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Nervous for pip assessment. I don't remember what I put in the form. How can I prepare?

lola89
lola89 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Applied for pip in July.. and I have my assessment coming up early Nov.. but im very nervous..  I was diagnosed wt head nd neck cancer nd underwent 3 major surgeries..both surgeries has given me a disfigurement on my face plus other long term side effect.. pain in arm md shoulder.. nd plus psychological effect abt dealing wt my face changing...(I had plastic surgery to correct my disfigurement)...even body hair growing on face due to skin flap..

I don't knw how I'm going to do the assessment bcz av read here you need to be familiar with your informationon the form.. unfortunately I don't even remember some of  the things I.put in the form..please  can someone advice how to pass these assessment..

I already get limited capability for wrk on universal credit but doesn't make much difference difference bcz of my partner income...  can someone please help me how to prepare for this..

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    You should always keep a copy of everything you send when applying for a benefit such as PIP. As you didn't keep a copy there's not much you can do about that now.
    During the assessment they will ask you questions about your health and how you're affected. You should answer the questions honestly and tell them exactly how your affected. If you can give a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity then this will really help.
    Some people find it useful if they write down some reminders on a sheet of paper before the assessment. This may help you remember what you would like to tell them.
    If you don't understand the question they ask then ask them to repeat it. If it's a telephone assessment then you can have someone with you during the call, just put your phone onto loud speaker.
    If you're using a mobile then make sure it's fully charged before the call and have a drink near you. The call can last anywhere from 20 - 90 minutes, sometimes longer.
    Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    ^ everything poppy says, I would add that you should try and avoid yes or no answers by giving full answers to each question, and do remember that PIP isn't awarded for what's wrong with you but how your daily living / mobility is affected.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.