How long does it take to get an answer after your assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long does it take to get an answer after your assessment?

Options
kellyraiden
kellyraiden Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited October 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi  how long dose it take to get answer after your assessment  and I had a text to say they received  it xx

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kellyraiden

Welcome to the community, I hope you are well.

how did your assessment go? 

There is no fixed time for a decision however at the minute you're looking at about a couple of months on average due to backlogs, but hopefully it will be sooner for you.

You can ring up and get a copy of the assessor's report, which will give you an indication of what the decision might end up being, but that will go to the decision maker and they may not necessarily go along with the report.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be as quick as two weeks or as slow as 12 or anything in between i'm afraid.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.