I've been awarded LCWRA. It says I'm getting paid £0.00 on the 27th- what does this mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been awarded LCWRA. It says I'm getting paid £0.00 on the 27th- what does this mean?

mikey91
mikey91 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi ive been awarded lcwra as im blind in 1 eye and suffer with really bad depression i was awarded the lcwra element and the assessment period ended yesterday ive had my statement on my journal and it says im getting paid 0.00 on the 27th can anyone please help me to understand it 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    You haven’t provided enough information for us to comment.
    Can you provide more information about what your UC statement shows.
    Are you claiming any other benefits?
    Has anything else changed this month?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • mikey91
    Im claiming ESA too which gets taken off my uc allowance and the only other thing thats changed is the 20 uplift payment has ended but what im asking about is when am i likely to receive a payment or an update from the lcwra element as is nowhere to be seen on my payment statement thanks for reading and replying
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    When did you report the medical condition and provide a fit note. 

Lcwra is paid from the 4th assessment period after you reported the condition 
  • mikey91
    edited October 2021
  • mikey91
    Hope this helps understand because i cant understand it all.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    You said you're claiming ESA as well, when did you start that claim? was it 03/01/2021?
    What month did you claim UC? Your AP (assessment period) runs from 21st to 20th of the month, which means you must have started your claim on 21st of a month. Your AP starts on the first day you claimed UC and lasts for 1 month.
    On your journal message it says your award began on 07/07/2021 which suggests that was when you sent your fit note or reported your health condition.
    On your journal it mentions "take home pay" are you claiming UC with a partner that works?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    edited October 2021
    Have you now been put in the ESA Support Group? If so your ESA deduction in UC will be higher than previously and if UC have not included the LCWRA element that will reduce your UC. 

If you first reported the health condition to UC in the December to January then the LCWRA element should be payable from the April to  May AP (payable in May).

If the LCWRA decision was made in July then it sounds as if UC have incorrectly taken the three months waiting period from the date of decision - unfortunately this does seem to happen quite often. I can see you have queried this and hopefully UC will correct this.

Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • calcotti
    poppy123456 said: On your journal message it says your award began on 07/07/2021 which suggests that was when you sent your fit note or reported your health condition. 
    In OPs journal message they say they supplied Fit Notes from 3rd January.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mikey91,

Just to let you know, I've edited the screenshot you sent as it revealed your full name. As outlined in our house rules, we don't allow personal details such as full names to be shared on the community. If you could remember to edit out any names in future screenshots, that'd be perfect :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    calcotti said:
    poppy123456 said: On your journal message it says your award began on 07/07/2021 which suggests that was when you sent your fit note or reported your health condition. 
    In OPs journal message they say they supplied Fit Notes from 3rd January.
    Yes but that’s a journal message the OP has put. My thoughts were that they claimed NsESA on this date with the fit note. People often get confused with both those benefits, as you know. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mikey91
    Hi @mikey91,

Just to let you know, I've edited the screenshot you sent as it revealed your full name. As outlined in our house rules, we don't allow personal details such as full names to be shared on the community. If you could remember to edit out any names in future screenshots, that'd be perfect :)

• mikey91
    Thanks scope and sorry for breaking the rules 
  • mikey91
    I was injured on 24th of december 2020 and work was paying me ssp from then till april when they sacked me but i started my esa claim in april to and the had my wca which i was then placed into the lcwra group and i was told that i would be contacted to when they will sort a payment out and then on 07/07/21 i was given my decision that i had lcwra and ive waited the 3 month ap so surely i should get paid this week then 
  • calcotti
    edited October 2021
    mikey91 said:
    I was injured on 24th of december 2020 and work was paying me ssp from then till april when they sacked me but i started my esa claim in april to and the had my wca which i was then placed into the lcwra group and i was told that i would be contacted to when they will sort a payment out and then on 07/07/21 i was given my decision that i had lcwra and ive waited the 3 month ap so surely i should get paid this week then 
    When did you report your health condition to UC (as distinct from claiming ESA)?
  • mikey91
    I reported it in January 
  • calcotti
    mikey91 said:
    I reported it in January 
    In which case
    calcotti said:
    If you first reported the health condition to UC in the December to January AP then the LCWRA element should be payable from the April to May AP (payable in May).

• mikey91
    I phoned DWP today and they have said my assesment period didnt start till 15th of sept but my journal says it started in july so surely what i was told today is wrong please advise if u can
  • mikey91
    I phoned DWP today and they have said my assesment period didnt start till 15th of sept but my journal says it started in july so surely what i was told today is wrong please advise if u can
  • mikey91
  • mikey91
    edited October 2021

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.