Tesco online shop. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tesco online shop.

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
Do any of your shop online or use the Tesco app? Both have now been down for around 30 hours, we started an online order on Friday but when I went back to add items the site is down, apparently it's been hacked.
You might have thought that a retailer that makes as much profit as Tesco would be better protected from hackers??
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not sure that any site is safe from hackers these days, it’s a worry especially if they hold credit card data etc. ☹️

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    luckily all they hold from me is my email and password i put my address and cc details in each time I use them. But you're right it's a worry.

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    They've probably got people working on it to get it back up and running
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If it's anything like another major food retailer I worked for they will only have skeleton IT staff working over the weekend 
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    The website and the app are both still down dye to the hacking issue. No financial data at risk they say. Stolen passwords used to try and access Clubcard accounts
  • woodbine
    maybe the hackers will give me a million clubcard points on their way out ?   :)

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Most sites get hacked even scope nothing is safe anymore thete is only so much you can do llyods bank was hacked not long ago 

Brightness