PIP Evidence Not Provided — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Evidence Not Provided

Faith2008
Faith2008 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
Hello Everyone, I was hoping to get your option on my application. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2019 which I have been given Zapain which I take around 5-6 daily. I also am on an antidepressant. I was attacked in 2018 in January and after this event I really suffered with wide spreed pain, brain fog and sleeping issues or I should say not sleeping. I wasn’t physically hurt during the attack as it was a break in at my home but I was threatened and my children had been in the house so the stress to keep them hidden and safe was huge. During covid it go so bad I was bed bound almost for over nine months. I have only left my house for the covid vaccine and work in over a year and I take cabs everywhere. Haven’t been in a shop or meet up with family
or friends since 2019 due to
mobility and extreme pain. I only applied to PIP as I work but I believe they are trying to get me out as they can’t move in about as they once could. I was told pip could help pay for a wheelchair so I applied. I sent no
evidence as I have none. I assumed they will get my diagnosis from my GP. Do you think that is the case? 
It’s been 24 weeks since I sent the application off. I have been told my case is with a case manager. Does anyone know how it works? And if the evidence issue will be ok? 
Thank you everyone! 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, how are you today? evidence is not essential for a PIP claim, but PIP is not dependant on a diagnosis but how your daily living and/pr mobility is affect in relation to the PIP descriptors.
    We have seen new applications taking upto 10 months from start to finish.
    It is very rare that they write to a GP as they usually don't know how you life is affected.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Faith2008
    Faith2008 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    thank you. 
    Fibromyalgia has ruined my life from an active happy person to a bed bound women who can barely stand for more then a minute of that. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It's your responsibility to prove you qualify for PIP, not their's. Medical evidence is not needed for a PIP claim because most medical evidence doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you. The best you can send is your anecdotal evidence, a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted the activity for each descriptor that applies to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.