Hi, my name is JustMeffie! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is JustMeffie!

JustMeffie
JustMeffie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited October 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I once described myself as a youthful thinking granny to 9 but this pandemic has dragged me down , I've lost my confidence and I'm having a hard job getting back on the roundabout
I can be political,  and I can get angry especially when I face discrimination and ignorance, but underneath I'm a soft touch who knits and crochet and listens to not your average granny type.music
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @JustMeffie

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. Sorry to hear that the pandemic has impacted your well-being, what happened to make you lose your confidence? It can be a slow process to build yourself back up after a period of not feeling too great, but joining places like this and accessing the support of those around you in your life will help you along the way.

What is the not so typical music that you listen to? :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @JustMeffie - & welcome to this friendly community. You're still that youthful thinking granny, & hopefully it won't be too long until you find her again. The pandemic has certainly affected us all, as has been mentioned, but we'll get there with the support of each other, so I'm pleased you have joined us all, as everyone is very supportive. :)
  • JustMeffie
    JustMeffie Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi @JustMeffie I hope you enjoy being part of the Community. If you have any questions please ask. I think the pandemic has dragged a lot of people down and it is taking time to even get used to going out and mixing again. Do you have any hobbies?
    I knit and crochet  and when I'm feeling wellnI like to get out with my camera, I love abandoned buildings, architecture   and all things rusty and rotten
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Those are cool hobbies @JustMeffie

Perhaps you'd like to check out our KaleidoScope thread? It's for members' arts, crafts, photography, and anything else creative :) You're welcome to post about your own creative endeavours, or just browse through other people's. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness