Assessment waiting times. Can I request my application be reviewed without an assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment waiting times. Can I request my application be reviewed without an assessment?

amy1188
amy1188 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am reapplying as my current award is only until January following a tribunal decision. Capita have now had my form for 4 weeks and have still not decided what assessment to offer me and can not offer a time estimate. This means I then have to wait for an appointment once someone has decided what appointment I need. 

Can I request my application be reviewed without an assessment at the moment? Nothing which was assessed previously has changed and I have since been diagnosed with new conditions. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Most people have an assessment, which are mostly done by telephone. Paper based assessments are rare but do happen. 
    If there’s enough of evidence to do this they will, otherwise unfortunately you will need to wait until an appointment date becomes available. There are huge backlogs at the moment so you may be waiting quite a few months, maybe longer. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm afraid you will have to wait, and remember being diagnosed with a condition doesn't mean much, unless that condition affects your daily living/mobility.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.