I asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration 13 weeks ago, and haven't heard back. What are my chances? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration 13 weeks ago, and haven't heard back. What are my chances?

TayBri
TayBri Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My PIP claim came back with 0 points for daily living and 4 points for mobility. So i asked for a mandatory reconsideration that was 13 weeks ago and haven't heard nothing back! I'm not holding my breath for a favourable outcome but what are the chances ?? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    There are no timescales for any decision but sometimes it can take more than 12 weeks for the MR. We've had members that have been successful and some that haven't. Whether you're entitled to PIP will totally depend on how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TayBri
    Poppy123456 thank you for your reply , much appreciated! 
  • annie4
    annie4 Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    I put my MR in at end of August had a phone call today to check some things said decision would be made today and sent out in post tomorrow 
  • TayBri
    Hi Annie4 hope it goes in your favour keep me updated please 
  • annie4
    He couldn't give me the decision but said it would be on system today so I can ring tomorrow 
  • TayBri
    Annie4 so overall how long has your wait been for MR ? 
  • annie4
    They got my form on 27th August so 9 weeks 2 days x
  • annie4
    Depends on area too some areas are more behind than others I'm south Yorkshire but know they sold me some are taking 6 months 
  • effie678
    effie678 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    They got mine in 23rd August and I've heard nothing so far. Hope you get a good result. 
  • poppy123456
    annie4 said:
    He couldn't give me the decision but said it would be on system today so I can ring tomorrow 

Once the decision's been made it takes 24 hours for them to be able to see it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • annie4
    annie4 said:

Once the decision's been made it takes 24 hours for them to be able to see it.
    I rang back this morning he said letter was sent out last night and they can't give any information over phone u have to wait for letter
  • TayBri
    Thanks for update annie4 that will make you anxious until your post arrives! I really hope it goes in your favour. Take care and let me know the outcome 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    annie4 said:
    I rang back this morning he said letter was sent out last night and they can't give any information over phone u have to wait for letter
    That’s not true from my experience. I know plenty of people that claim PIP and they have had their decision read to them over the telephone. 
  • annie4
    MarkM88 said:
    annie4 said:
    That’s not true from my experience. I know plenty of people that claim PIP and they have had their decision read to them over the telephone. 
    Yeah apparently you can for pip but not for MR 
  • MarkM88
    Oh well, wouldn’t see why it would make a difference. 
  • poppy123456
    annie4 said:
    MarkM88 said:
    annie4 said:

That makes no sense because your MR request is for PIP. I've heard of plenty of people that have had the MR decision over the phone. If the decision was only made yesterday then it takes 24 hours for them to be able to see that decision.
  • annie4
    annie4 said:
    MarkM88 said:
    annie4 said:

That makes no sense because your MR request is for PIP. I've heard of plenty of people that have had the MR decision over the phone. If the decision was only made yesterday then it takes 24 hours for them to be able to see that decision.
    He says decision letter was sent out yesterday 
  • poppy123456
    annie4 said:
    annie4 said:
    MarkM88 said:
    annie4 said:

That doesn't mean they can see what that decision was.
  • annie4
    annie4 said:
    annie4 said:
    MarkM88 said:
    annie4 said:

That doesn't mean they can see what that decision was.
    He said there unable to give it over phone as there not qualified to answer any questions so you have to wait for the letter just hope it comes quick so I know if I have to go to appeal or its finally over 
  • MarkM88
    None of them are “qualified” in that sense. They are call handlers. 

If the letter is attached to your claim on the system then they are able to read it to you. 

As myself and poppy have said, we know others have had this done. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.