Pip - How do they score anxiety and depression while looking after kids — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip - How do they score anxiety and depression while looking after kids

Options
Slg84
Slg84 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone I’m new to this site could someone please explain to me by having anxiety and depression how they score this whilst looking after your children with no help, do they deem you fit in regards to this I’m very confused and every little help off explaining will be appreciated. Thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lots of people claim PIP that have children. Just because a person has children it doesn't mean they don't have a disability that affects their daily life.
    PIP isn't about the help you get, it's the help you need. I've claimed PIP successfully since 2013 and my children were younger back then and it's never gone against me.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Slg84
    Options
    @poppy123456 thank you just some off the questions didn’t seem relevant I still feel the need I have to do things but it’s a struggle and I’d rather hide away and not do them but that’s not an option. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm assuming you've had your assessment? If so then some questions may not seem relevant but you'll be very surprised how relevant they are. One simple question can tell them several different things. It depends what exactly they asked you. For example, if you said you never go out because of anxiety but you're able to take your children to school then there could be issues here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Slg84
    Options
    How would there be issues I mean we’re not exactly disabled in the sense we can not walk our children do have to attend school it’s so hard to even think how they look at that to help you. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Of course there could be. If you told them you never go out because of your health condition, yet you take your children to school then that's going out.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Sig84 - & welcome to the community. I can only say that there isn't a score for something like anxiety & depression whether you have children or not. PIP is about how your disabilities (whatever they are, whether physical, mental, or both) affect some aspects of your daily life, &/mobility.
    You mention that some things you need to do are a struggle, yet you have to do them; it's this difficulty with attempting/doing such activities that needs identifying so long as they're about the activities that are looked at with PIP.
    Have you had a decision letter yet? Please know we're all here trying to help & support you, so let us know how you're getting on, thank you.
  • Slg84
    Options
    Thank you I will just have to See what they say then I suppose that’s all I can do and hope for the best thanks a lot.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.