travel and leisure discounts for disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

travel and leisure discounts for disabled people

happyfella
happyfella Community member Posts: 486 Pioneering
I thought i would post this to help other people who would love to go out but cant because they cannot afford it due to needing someone to go with them for support

I have applied for a CEA card https://www.ceacard.co.uk/ which allows you to take someone to the cinema with you for support without having to pay for them. This was recommended to me from my doctor and it is a great scheme.

My card is coming tomorrow and i wished i knew about it sooner, as it will allow me to get out more.

If you do not have one then i would recommend you visit the site and apply for one.

So, it got me thinking. It would be great to make people aware of this scheme, and to find out if there are other schemes such as if the theatres have a scheme around the country and other leisure activites.

If you know of any great schemes then please do post them so we can make more people aware

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a cea card 

Lots of visitors attractions allow carers in for free you just take your PIP award letter 

Concerts,  festivals , theme parks , zoo 

I've just got free carers for silverstone experience and space museum 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I've never bothered with the cinema card as i never go to the cinema, I do get a free bus pass because of my epilepsy, and a disabled persons railcard which gives a third off rail fares for me and whoever is with me (that cost £20 year or £50 for three years).
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness