I had my assessment, and they've received the report. I'm worried it's gone badly — Scope | Disability forum

I had my assessment, and they've received the report. I'm worried it's gone badly

System
System Posts: 702

Scope community team

Comments

• arik
    arik Member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hello , please help I claimed in august and had an assessment today , and got a text this afternoon saying they had received the report , reading here it’s gone badly ? I’m now worried and panicking even more ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 5,283 Disability Gamechanger
    arik said:.. reading here it’s gone badly ?..
    Why do you think that? The report is almost always issued on the same day.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • arik
    arik Member Posts: 9 Listener
    I don’t really know anything from them I just panic I had a major one today when I was in the assessment and I’ve never had to endure this process or anything like this and I find it all very daunting to be fair ?? 
  • Barukh
    Barukh Member Posts: 59 Connected
    Here is a link to an online Article about " PIP waiting times after Assessment " you may find useful.

https://www.theukrules.co.uk/news/workplace-and-benefits/pip-waiting-times-after-assessment.html

It does look like for some people waiting times have increased due to a backlog. But you will receive a decision; like you say it is a waiting game.
  • wilko
    wilko Member Posts: 2,449 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello hello to all of you waiting for your PIP award notification letter. Once you have had your assessment wait about 10 days then phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification award notification letter. If the reports looks like the award expected is not what you think it should be, you now have several weeks to gain extra supporting information and evidence to lodge a Mandatory Reconsideration should you wish to. This can only be requested once you have received the official award notification letter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.