I never received phone call about booking assessment. Is this normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I never received phone call about booking assessment. Is this normal?

Taliesen
Taliesen Community member Posts: 49 Connected
Hi I applied for ESA on 26th of october 2020...two days later I recieved a phone call saying that I would be contacted today to book an assessment however I never recieved the phone call .... is this normal?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    It has been known to happen. Did you contact the Health Assessment Advisory Service to ask? If you didn't then you'll need to do this tomorrow. The number to ring is 0800 288 8777.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Taliesen
    No I haven't I know their backlogged due to covid and it's a new claim...i am also a vulnerable adult and have issues processing info and live alone after my breakup with life long partner.
  • poppy123456
    Yes there are backlogs but you were expecting your assessment today so i'd advise you ring them tomorrow morning when they open.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Taliesen :) I'm sorry that they didn't call you back.

Have you been able to call them today? 

i am also a vulnerable adult and have issues processing info and live alone after my breakup with life long partner.
    I'm sorry to hear about your breakup. That must be really difficult to handle at times, especially now you're living alone. Do you feel as though you're receiving enough support? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Taliesen
    @Tori_Scope I called and apparently it was an open close case due to being on UC....I dont get any help as I'm isolated where I am...I have an IDT assessment first thing in morning to see if and what help they can offer if anything...
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    Taliesen said:
    @Tori_Scope I called and apparently it was an open close case due to being on UC....
    Have you had a work capability assessment for UC? If so what the decision of that? 
  • Taliesen
    @Tori_Scope nope never had one as covid hit...
  • Tori_Scope
    How did your IDT assessment go this morning @Taliesen

• Taliesen
    @Tori_Scope it went badly they said they cant help me as I need to help myself and do self help only I can help my self theres nothing they can offer and that waves is the best thing even though I only got 4 sessions left and will then of completed my yr course.
  • Tori_Scope
    That's frustrating @Taliesen, I'm sorry. 

What kind of support were you hoping for? Did you have anything specific in mind? 

• Taliesen
    edited November 2021
    I'm after at least some counciling  or a care co or suportworker just some thing...but far as they were concerned wave which helps learn life skills and coping mechanisms. 
  • Taliesen
    Plus my ESA call never came so I phoned them next day turns out my case was an open closed  case as cant have it while on UC even though on gov site says you can...
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    Taliesen said:
    Plus my ESA call never came so I phoned them next day turns out my case was an open closed  case as cant have it while on UC even though on gov site says you can...

The only ESA that's possible to claim now is New style ESA, which is a contributions based only benefit. If you've worked and paid the correct amount of NI contributions in tax years April 2018 to March 2020 then you can claim it, otherwise you can't. Though claiming both NsESA and UC at the same time, the ESA is deducted in full from any UC entitlement.
    If you have a health condition that limits your capability to work then you need to report your health condition onto your journal and send in fit notes from your GP. You will then be referred for the work capability assesment. (the same process as ESA)
  • Tori_Scope
    Have you considered referring yourself for talking therapy through the IAPT service @Taliesen? You could also see if there's any local support you could access through searching on the Hub of Hope

• Taliesen
    No I haven't but will be starting survivors in transition in new year who specialize in childhood abuse  so will go from there as they only do 6 weeks of therapy and will look for longer term afterwards..
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Hi @Taliesen

Thanks for your reply, I'm glad to hear that you will be accessing some help in the new year but it's a shame to hear that it is only for six weeks, you could use the resources that Tori has previously provided to try and find further support with this, or you could speak with your GP of course.

I'm sorry to hear that you were the victim of child abuse, thank you for talking about it with us, I imagine it is quite difficult to think about and discuss with people. Did you ever report what you went through to the authorities?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Taliesen
    @Ross_Scope I did and went to first round if courts fine 2nd round needed my then best friend to sign her statement  and she refused as didnt want to appear in court...so it got thrown out...he got away with it and I got disowned for it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for your reply @Taliesen, I'm sorry to hear that. You did the right thing in reporting it however it's a shame that you didn't get the justice you deserved. 

In terms of further support you could access, NAPAC support people to recover from childhood abuse, so you might be interested in contacting them. You could also speak with your GP to see if they can recommend any local services you could access. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.