Telephone compliance interview. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone compliance interview.

louisebxx
louisebxx Community member Posts: 11 Connected
Good Morning,

Yesterday I received a compliance request. The date given is the date I am having Gastric sleeve surgery in Turkey. I’m so worried that if they don’t get my message I’ll be in trouble. My Mum has given me the money to have the surgery in the hope that the weight loss will help my conditions. I have very limited mobility and have had 20+ surgeries on my legs. I receive ESA Support group and PIP enhanced for both mobility & care. I also claim HB. My Father died from Covid in March and I had Covid in April. I really hope I’m not penalised for having this surgery as I am doing it so I can improve my health and my pain levels. My father died from covid in March I also had it in April and the toll it has taken on my body still effects me now. Any help is appreciated. Xx
Tagged:

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Is there a contact number on the letter?
  • louisebxx
    Yes it’s the direct number for the compliance officer. The letter is dated 21/10 but I only received it yesterday. I’ve called the number but it’s never answered and I’ve left 2 messages. I called the job centre and she’s put a message on my file to say that I’m not available and that I will leave a message. It says they need to check if my benefits are correct. So worried and confused. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Does it say anything about an interview under caution on the letter? If it doesn't then it could be just a random check. I always say, if you've done nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about although i know, that's easier said than done.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • louisebxx
    No nothing like that at all It doesn’t ask for anything specific either. It says they may be needed and that it’s to check my benefits are correct. It’s come at a really bad time as I’m about to have major surgery and I’m nervous about that too.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    All those letters are standard ones and they never give any other information. You'll just need to keep trying to ring the number on the letter. I know from others in the past, it can be difficult to contact them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • louisebxx
    Thankyou I will keep trying. I leave on Sunday this’ll be my last chance to speak to them before I leave. At first I did think it was a scam because of the lack of NI t that’s normally their ref no. But the JC confirm it is real. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.