Confused — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused

Options
Redgeorgi1
Redgeorgi1 Community member Posts: 25 Listener
Hi, I've been on esa new style for 1 year. This is ending soon. I suffer anxiety and recently developed rhumertide arthritis. My Dr has written a sick note which I have sent to dwp. I had a text back saying : We've received your Statement of Fitness for Work (Fit Note) and details of your Work Capability Assessment. Your ESA payment will continue. Please don't send us any more statements (Fit Notes).  You don't need to contact us.
Work capacity was done a year ago. 
I've also recently received a letter stating I won't be receiving any more payments..... ? So confused 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

if you have now had a decision on your Work Capability assessment and been put in the Support Group your ESA will increase to £114.10/week and will continue until such time as a future assessment determines that you should no longer be in the Support Group. A letter about this will be triggered manually when a decision is made.
    if you are not in the Support Group because no decision has yet been made or because you have been found nothing t to qualify for it then ESA would stop after 52 weeks. A letter telling you this would I think be triggered automatically.
    It sounds as if the letter telling you ESA is ended was triggered just before or about the same time as a decision was made.
    Look at the dates on the two letters. Which one was sent first? Does one of them say you are in the Support Group?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
    Hi 
    Thanks for the reply. My text message was dated the 1st November and the letter was dated 8th November. I just don't know what they both mean. There so different. 
    If I was put into another group would I get a confirmation or would the esa just change automatically? 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The best thing to do is try ringing them to clarify the status of your claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If a decison's been made on your work capability assessment and you were placed into one of the groups. If it was the Support Group (£114.10 per week) you would receive extra money from the 14th week of your claim (backdated if it took longer)
    If you were placed into the WRAG there's no extra money and payments will stop after 1 year.
    You would receive a decision letter, regardless of what that decision was.
    These comments.. First you say this.
    Hi, I've been on esa new style for 1 year.

Then this..

Work capacity was done a year ago. 

Do you mean you filled out the ESA50 for a year ago?
    I think you'll need to ring DWP to ask then because they will be able to tell you if a decision's been made and what that was.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
    Yes a year ago that's why I was confused by the text they sent ::
    We've received your Statement of Fitness for Work (Fit Note) and details of your Work Capability Assessment. Your ESA payment will continue. Please don't send us any more statements (Fit Notes).  You don't need to contact us.
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
    I know I need to ring them but I hate it. 
  • Redgeorgi1
    Options
    I just wondered if anyone else had had this before 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.