Hi, my name is David — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is David

trevayne
trevayne Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I've been diagnosed with Stage 5 kidney failure so started Dialysis a couple months ago. I find it rather complicated to understand what i need to eat, drink and do ... some days i feel so tired, but continue to work as i need the income to live PIP applied for but another 9 weeks .. just be nice to talk to someone

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @trevayne hi and a warm welcome to scope, how are you today?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @trevayne and welcome to the community! How are you doing today?

Feel free to take a look at any of the categories that might be of interest, or the Coffee Lounge is a good place to get to know people and have a good old chat. 

Don't be afraid to ask questions or start discussions if you're feeling brave, our members are all very knowledgeable and friendly :)

Alex 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @trevayne

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing such a tough time. Are you able to talk with a hospital consultant about what to eat, drink and do? Unfortunately, we are not able to provide medical advice but the healthcare team looking after you will be able to! We can certainly provide a listening ear and a supportive and friendly community  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @trevayne :) How has your week been so far? 

I'm sorry to hear about your kidney failure. As L_Volunteer has said, it would be worth getting in touch with your medical team to ask any questions you might have around what you can eat, drink, and do. Do you feel able to get in touch with them? 

I look forward to seeing you around on the community. You're welcome to chat about anything that interests you, so please do get stuck in whenever you feel ready. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness