Hi, my name is michelle2021! Sharing news of my latest PIP claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is michelle2021! Sharing news of my latest PIP claim

michelle2021
michelle2021 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there I’m new here thought I would share my latest new pip claim with you as I’ve been using info on here to see what will happen with my claim so I started a new claim on June 21st 2021 telephone assessment 25th October form received by dwp on 2nd called for copy of assessment report which arrived next day was surprisingly accurate women was lovely and took my information well a decision was made on the 13th found out today still awaiting letter I’ve been awarded enhanced for both for 3years long awaited but glad I’ve finally been awarded applied 2 years ago and was given 0 points for everything so this time was happy to finally be awarded for mental health and physical problems  

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @michelle2021

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? Your post made me smile as it sounds like we were able to support you. It is fantastic that you received the outcome you needed and deserved! Congratulations and what a relief!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @michelle2021 that is wonderful news, I'm so pleased for your successful claim :) It makes such a difference when the people involved are lovely as you say, and helps things ran smoothly too.

Hope you enjoy exploring the forum, I've tagged your post as a success so everyone can hear your story!

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Great news and thanks for sharing 
  • michelle2021
    Thank you both so much x I finally feel like a weight has been lifted the waiting was terrible but glad it’s over and positive they did go along with my assessment report it’s finally the acknowledgment of my problems that I face daily that is the most important thing for me this last year has been the worst but recieving help and surgery next year but the help on here has been so helpful throughout my process 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad we could help and good luck for the surgery 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @michelle2021 :) Thank you for sharing your good news with us. 

Best of luck with your surgery next year. How are you feeling about it? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • michelle2021
    Hi I’m super scared tbh as it’s life changing surgery and a big risk and if it doesn’t work I will end up having bladder and bowel removed but I remain positive that it will all work out as it should had a nice big lump sum of back pay this morning thou so that was nice to spoil my loved 1s from my bed ? wish I could go out and enjoy life without having major panic attacks and being able to walk without the pain  feel like I’m going crazy at times but always someone worse off blessed but stressed ?? thank you for asking xx
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi @michelle2021 :) 

I'm so happy to hear that you have been awarded your PIP payments and that the community helped you with your application. It's always good to speak to others going through similar situations, as they can offer relatable advice and support. I can imagine the back payment was a lovely surprise for you - make sure you treat yourself too! I'm sorry to hear that you experience panic attacks, are you able to get them under control when you do have them?

I hope the surgery goes well next year :) just remember, the surgeons are trained professionals and fingers crossed they can complete the surgery with no complications. Remember, the community is here for you if you need any further advice or support :) 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @michelle2021

Very glad to hear we have been able to support you and that you received the outcome you needed and deserved. It really did make me smile to hear your good news. I have nothing to add to the amazing words @Libby_Scope has already provided but I am wishing you the best of luck with your surgery too! Please feel free to let us know how you get on. We will be here for you  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • michelle2021
    Thank you this is such a supportive group with advice too ☺️ I am currently not able to control them and all coping mechanisms I can’t manage so sleeping most of my time away as that’s the only way I can control them right now I had a traumatic event happen last year November and have been housebound since if I try and go out I can’t breathe and pass out I’m under mental health and have intense therapy over the phone n worker comes out luckily I have amazing support network and 4 amazing children my eldest is 18 youngest 11and she is my rock but feel so bad at times and a failure because so much gets put on her aswell as doing her a levels she helps with everything how the roles have reversed but they all understand and love me for who I am now just have to keep  looking for the positives and hope life gets better but I am blessed ordered myself a nice new fluffy bedding n throw and some pjs ? thanks for the support xx
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @michelle2021

Thanks for your reply, I'm sorry to hear that you struggle to manage them. Are the mental health team aware of how much they impact you and have they been able to support you to manage them?

It seems as though you have a really supportive, loving family and that's fantastic. You're far from a failure, you appear to have raised four lovely children who are looking after you in a time of need, that reflects on how brilliantly you have brought them up. You must be very proud of them.

When you refer to a traumatic event last year, what was it that happened if you don't mind me asking? I'm sorry to hear of how much it impacted you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.