You could not make this up — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

You could not make this up

Options
woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2021 in Coffee lounge
I will do my level best not to make this some sort of political post, but I have just read something on the BBC sports page that shocked me.
Some of you will have been following the story about the former Yorkshire cricketer who has accused the club of institutional racism.
It now turns out today that the very same person who I won't name has been discovered to have posted anti-semitic messages online in 2011.

His excuse apparently is that he was "only 19" at the time, I don't recall at the age of 19 being either racist or anti-semitic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59338118
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Comments

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
     I find it very very sad that racism still exists in 2021, why can't people just learn to get along. It really doesn't matter what race or creed someone is don't we all deserve respect. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    People do change their views over time. If they didn’t there would be no point in arguing to try and change someone’s mind.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 538 Pioneering
    Options
    Any sort of discrimination against someone else is wrong at the end of the day we all come from the same source (mitochondrial eve) and in a way are all related to one another like distant cousins. The human race is one big family regardless. It sickens me when people discriminate against someone and to me just shows lack of awareness or knowledge about who they are themselves.

I would love for the world to work together rather than being biased and thinking others are better than others, as its simply not true. Every person enters the world the same and dies the same and I hope "The Future" we will all learn this and treat everyone the same without discrimination and instead work together in harmony as human beings. My view is that unless this happens we can never excel as a planet and will be viewed as primative still fighting one another instead of working together to tackle much more pressing issues like energy and resources and technology.

I know this is abit more out there, but I can't help thinking outside the box and wondering if I was born on the wrong planet sometimes. I do wonder if we were looked at by another race if they would see humans as nasty creatures who fight, hurt and kill each other. Its things like this that make me ashamed of being human sometimes.

Sorry to go off track but just my thoughts on any sort of discrimination.

I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness