Pip appeal. I missed a call from them saying they need more information. Anyone else had this? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal. I missed a call from them saying they need more information. Anyone else had this?

jules10
jules10 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi long story short I was on pip for a few years,had to renew it so had assessment woman wasn’t very understanding anyway got my report 0 points so I’ve put in to appeal anyway today had a missed call that left voicemail and it was pip appeals said they wanted more information has any1 else had this happen before an appeal please I’m worried sick. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    When you say appeal, do you mean MR or Tribunal? If it's the MR sometimes the decision maker will ring you if they have questions to ask before making a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jules10
    no m r rang me and said he’s sticking to no pip.and I’ve put in for tribunal and they’ve rang today I was just wondering why. Thank you 
  • poppy123456
    We can only guess what the reason was. Are you able to ring them to ask what they wanted?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • jules10
    On the message it said more information but everything has been sent off and he said if not today they’ll try last time 2moro …so just got to wait but I feel sick waiting. X 
  • jules10
    so you haven’t heard of this before, I don’t know wot else they want I’ve sent 6 years of doctors notes x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Answer the call if at all possible. A different Decision Maker at the DWP may be looking at your case in order to prepare the DWP papers for tribunal and may be ringing to offer you an award. If they do then you can reject the 'offer' and your appeal will continue. If you accept the 'offer' your existing appeal will lapse but the new decision carries appeal rights so you can lodge a new appeal if you don't think it gives you everything you are entitled to.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    You said PIP appeal rang you, which i assumed was HMCTS. If it was DWP then as calcotti has advised they maybe ringing to offer an award, it's rare but does happen.
  • jules10
    He said it’s appeal section to get a bit more information, I doubt it would be to offer an award but I’ll wait and see thanks.  
  • calcotti
    You said PIP appeal rang you, which i assumed was HMCTS. If it was DWP then as calcotti has advised they maybe ringing to offer an award, it's rare but does happen.
    I have lodged three appeals in the last 12 months. All have resulted in offers and lapsed appeals.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • jules10
    I’d like to think it’s an offer so I don’t have to go through tribunal I think it’s too late for them to ring back now x
  • jules10
    Hi he’s rang n went through a few things and said if he can change decision he will ring me in the morning thank u all. 
  • jules10
    We’ll all Medical records we’re sent to them last week n got call today so have to see wot he says in the morning. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jules10 have you had anymore news?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jules10
    hi yes he’s rang back and offered me standard care and standard mobility so good news 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    That's fab @jules10 I'm pleased for you!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jules10
    Thank you I wasn’t expecting that. 
  • calcotti
    As previously advised, that new decision carries appeal rights should you wish to pursue it further.
  • jules10
    Does anyone know if pip backdate money? X
  • poppy123456
    jules10 said:
    Does anyone know if pip backdate money? X

Yes, how far it's backdated to will depend whether you transferred from DLA or whether this is your first time claim.
  • jules10
    No I was receiving pip,then had assessment got 0 points my last payment was may then just got it back after a call before tribunal my original claim was just standard care but now also have standard mobility x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.