I paid for a private OT assessment for my child. After 8 weeks I still haven't received the report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I paid for a private OT assessment for my child. After 8 weeks I still haven't received the report

Options
sarahlc
sarahlc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all I’m sarah and I have a special needs child, on the 29th September I paid privately for an OT (occupational therapist) to carry out an assessment so that the school and myself could understand my child’s needs better. It’s now been nearly 8 weeks and despite sending several emails the OT is not responding and I haven’t been given the report. I have checked her out and she is registered with the appropriate body but I’m concerned now and wanted to know if any of you thought this length of time was acceptable. Thank you

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sarahic good afternoon and a warm welcome to scope and our friendly forum, hope you are well today?

I'm not sure how long it should take, or why they are ignoring you emails, do you have a phone number for the OT ? failing that perhaps you could contact the professional body she is a member off?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• sarahlc
    sarahlc Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes there is a phone number however I’m also deaf so try to avoid this, I think contacting the professional body is all I can do at this point. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sarahlc hello and welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back. I'm afraid I don't have experience in this area, my only guess is there might be some kind of backlog that's causing delays.

I hope you can get somewhere with the professional body, and please keep us updated. You're doing everything you can so try not to worry :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @sarahlc

I can understand your frustration relating to this; it's not ideal having to wait that long when the outcome is important to you and your child's health. If the OT works for a specific organization, it might be worthwhile contacting them via email or is there anyone that can call them for you?

I will also tag this post, in the hope that it will be more visible to our members and therefore, gain more attention and advice :) 

If you have any further questions or concerns, please just let us know. 

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness