Transferred to UC from old school JSA. My extra payments haven't transferred over. What should I do? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Transferred to UC from old school JSA. My extra payments haven't transferred over. What should I do?

sjay1971
sjay1971 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
In may of this year I was transferred to universal credit from old school jsa. While claiming jsa I was also get extra money because of a disability.

extra money because you are disabled £35.10
extra money because your severely disabled £67.30

ive just found out yesterday that these payments haven’t been paid to me as uc doesn’t recognise them?

I have contacted uc but if anything is to go by I’ll not hear a thing for a while so I thought I would ask for any advice about what I should do or is there any other people I should contact.

many thanks Shaun
Tagged:

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sjay1971 and thanks for your question, to help our members find it, I've moved it into the Universal Credit category, marked it as unanswered, and changed the title slightly.

Hopefully someone with more experience can help answer you :)

Let us know if you need anything further.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    The disability premium doesn't exist in UC but if you still meet the conditions for the Severe Disability Premium you should be getting a Severe Disability Premium transitional element added to your UC calculation.  You can post a message in your journal (categorise it as payments query) asking about this.

Have you now declared a health condition on UC and are you waiting for a Work Capability Assessment?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • sjay1971
    calcotti said:
    The disability premium doesn't exist in UC but if you still meet the conditions for the Severe Disability Premium you should be getting a Severe Disability Premium transitional element added to your UC calculation.  You can post a message in your journal (categorise it as payments query) asking about this.

Have you now declared a health condition on UC and are you waiting for a Work Capability Assessment?
    I’ve just got lcwra in the last week
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    The SDP transitional element does erode over time, which means that because you've been found to have LCWRA this element will reduce the SDP element to zero. Though you should be owed some backdated money. It won't be paid going forward.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sjay1971
    The SDP transitional element does erode over time, which means that because you've been found to have LCWRA this element will reduce the SDP element to zero. Though you should be owed some backdated money. It won't be paid going forward.
    Thankyou poppy that’s what I thought with the money owed from may so I’ll see what they come back with but won’t hold my breath. Many thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.