Hi, my name is steve39! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is steve39!

steve39
steve39 Community member Posts: 53 Connected
i'm in my 60's from the Gainsborough area, and hoping to findout what is on here

Comments

• steve39
    hi feel like ive been mugged by then feed back questions when ive only just come on here and dont know anything about the site , thanks for saying hi 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

I'm from Doncaster so quite near you 

Just have a look round the site and join in when you want to 

General discussions are in the coffee lounge 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @steve39 :) It's great to have you with us, so thanks for joining.

As Janer1967 has mentioned, the coffee lounge is often a good place to start as it's the home of our more general, casual discussions. You can see the other categories of discussions we have here on the categories page.
    hi feel like ive been mugged by then feed back questions when ive only just come on here and dont know anything about the site
    Would you be able to explain a little more about what you mean by this? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • steve39
    Welcome to the community @steve39 :) It's great to have you with us, so thanks for joining.

As Janer1967 has mentioned, the coffee lounge is often a good place to start as it's the home of our more general, casual discussions. You can see the other categories of discussions we have here on the categories page.
    hi feel like ive been mugged by then feed back questions when ive only just come on here and dont know anything about the site
    Would you be able to explain a little more about what you mean by this? 
    hi tori
    2 of the question box's would not let you go on to the next one even though I didn't have anything relevant to put in then,
    it was like you must answer, you will answer , answer me , lol
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi @steve39 :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the online questions. Are you referring to the feedback chat box? We use the feedback chat box as an opportunity to improve our services for our online users :)
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • steve39

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the online questions. Are you referring to the feedback chat box? We use the feedback chat box as an opportunity to improve our services for our online users :). Libby , don't worry about it, I a'm having trouble in learning how to move around the site and in finding some of the things that I have already looked at, thanks 

• Libby_Alumni
    steve39 said:

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the online questions. Are you referring to the feedback chat box? We use the feedback chat box as an opportunity to improve our services for our online users :). Libby , don't worry about it, I a'm having trouble in learning how to move around the site and in finding some of the things that I have already looked at, thanks 

Okay, no worries at all :) If you have any questions about navigating the online community, then just let us know. It might be a good place to start in the coffee lounge, where you can chat to our other members :)  
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @steve39

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. As you can most likely already see, we are always more than happy to help. However, the Scope forum covers a lot and we wouldn't want to overwhelm you. If there is anything specific you are trying to find, please just let us know and we can signpost you to the most relevant useful, and interesting links. Similarly, if you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • steve39
    Hello @steve39

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. As you can most likely already see, we are always more than happy to help. However, the Scope forum covers a lot and we wouldn't want to overwhelm you. If there is anything specific you are trying to find, please just let us know and we can signpost you to the most relevant useful, and interesting links. Similarly, if you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask!  :D

thanks I wi:')ll as soon as I can think of anything relevant to ask lol 

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Ha, that's true @steve39. It looks like you are already finding your way around Scope's forum though which is great to see! Keep going  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • steve39
    Ha, that's true @steve39. It looks like you are already finding your way around Scope's forum though which is great to see! Keep going  :D
    hi can you tell me what is happening on my page as when i go into my  notifications box and click on the LINK to follow up on then I'm Sent flying out of, the site with you can't do that written across the top 
    which means that i have to come back in using the Recent discussions Tag
    Thanks L _ :-)'
  • Libby_Alumni

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your community member profile. The team will take a look into why you aren't able to access your notifications directly and will get back to you. 

In the meantime, you can still access your notifications without having to go back into the recent discussion category. When you receive a new notification, if you click on the bell icon in the top right hand corner of the page this will then allow you to view 'all notifications' shown in the bottom left hand corner of the tab. If you click 'all notifications' and scroll down, you should then see your notifications in order of the newest notification first etc. 

I hope that helps and if you have any other issues, please just let us know :) 

Libby
    Scope

Brightness