Pip decision after receiving assessor report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision after receiving assessor report

danixxx
danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
Hi just wondering how long people
have been waiting recently for a decision after receiving the assessor report 
fully aware of backlogs and also aware of the guideline 2-12 weeks 
Would like to hear other stories 

Comments

• mariaaaa123
    mariaaaa123 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    My assessment report was submitted on 05/11, I haven’t been waiting long. Afraid to ring up and request a copy as it will make my angst worse 
  • danixxx
    Thanks for the reply @mariaaaa123 mine was received on the 11th I have received my report and going of assessor report I have standard for both elements 
    but we shall see 
    hopefully we’re all not waiting to long 
  • mariaaaa123
    Did you ring up and request yours? Maybe I should do the same, I have no idea if I will get it this time around or not. I did get a second phone call before my assessment report had been processed to ask further questions. I hope so, seems like such a long process although not as long in comparison to some it seems
  • danixxx
    Yes requested mine on the Friday and received it the Wednesday so only waited 3 working days for it to come 
    however the decision maker doesn’t always go with the report so suppose I will just have to wait an see ?
    the wait is awfull isn’t it @mariaaaa123
  • mariaaaa123
    I might do that tomorrow! I feel like there’s so many things I should have said on the phone for the assessment but I think it was the nerves and it being a touchy subject I find hard to talk about got the better of me and I missed loads of things that may have helped me! It is, I’d just like to know one way or the other and go from there. Yours seems promising though ??
  • danixxx
    Yes I felt like that after mine to be honest it Is horrible bringing everything to the surface also but I suppose it’s something we have to do 
    try to think positive although it’s really hard and easier said than done 
    I do feel I should get enhanced daily living but again will have to wait an see @mariaaaa123
  • mariaaaa123
    Hard to know how things went, the woman I had did seem nice and understanding on the phone but it is just a waiting game. I’m hoping to get standard, you can always go for mandatory reconsideration if you feel like you should be on enhanced. I haven’t saw many people on these forums with the same illness as me claiming so I’m not sure how it will be viewed 
  • danixxx
    I will be to scared for a MR to be honest it’s to much anxiety to go through it all again so probly will settle for standard if that is the case 
    yes the lady who done my assessment was very nice also 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I haven’t saw many people on these forums with the same illness as me claiming so I’m not sure how it will be viewed 
    PIP isn’t awarded based on any diagnosis. It’s how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. As we are all affected differently then it would be impossible to compare someone else to yourself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    How did you get on @ mariaaaa123
  • danixxx
    Hi I was awarded pip they went with the assessor report they said my award letter been sent out and payment should receive that by next week so glad and relieved 
  • mariaaaa123
    Awk that’s great news, glad you got it! I still need to ring to see if I can get the report sent out, I’ve been meaning to do it 
  • danixxx
    Does anyone know how they work arrears payments out 
  • poppy123456
    danixxx said:
    Does anyone know how they work arrears payments out 
    Its backdated to the date you rang today start you claim provided you had your conditions for at least 3 months. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @danixxx :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • danixxx
    Yes but when does the date finish is it the day the decision was made or ? 
    An thanks so much @Tori_Scope
  • danixxx
    Sorry @poppy123456 it’s from 31/08 
    so is it up untill today’s date as that 
  • poppy123456
    edited November 2021
    If you mean the "cut off period" for your backdated money then i have no idea. You can ring DWP and they will tell you exactly how much money will be going into your bank. Your decision letter will also tell you what day you will receive your future payments, which is every 4 weeks.
  • danixxx
    Is cut of usually the day the decision was made though ? @poppy123456
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    edited November 2021
    danixxx said:
    Is cut of usually the day the decision was made though ? @poppy123456
    My backdated money went in on my normal pip payment date...I had no idea a decision had even been made, the decision letter arrived a day or two later and explained the breakdown of the monies paid.

Should add mine was backdated to the date I put on my claim form

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.