Change in health conditions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Change in health conditions

Options
Joanne99
Joanne99 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Evening  does anyone know  how long change in health  conditions  takes for pip if there was a time scale please

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community 

There are no fixed timescales and currently with huge backlogs it can be a long wait people are waiting for 6 months or longer for assessments 

Depends on your area and the backlogs 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The majority of people have assessments, which will be either telephone or face to face. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. If an assessment is needed you will be contacted once an appointment date becomes available.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    My experience was sent form off around 9th August..heard nothing so was going to ring to make they had received form in mid October when my pip payment suddenly increased, decision letter arrived a couple of days later...no assessment (thankfully)...so from sending form to decision letter was around 9 weeks..I might just have been lucky!
  • Joanne99
    Joanne99 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Options
    I've enclosed doctors letter about change too hopefully same sanario  then fingers crossed with evidence 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It should be noted that a change in "health"condition might not be relevant if it's for PIP as it's not about your health but your daily living and or mobility.
    A GP's letter also is not often that useful as they rarely know how your daily living is affected even though they may know what your medical condition is.
    However having said all that I hope it goes well.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.