Help and advice please! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help and advice please!

Options
Sooty77
Sooty77 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Morning everyone  :D
Looking for some advice as sick of waiting on the phone for DWP to answer!  So my daughter has severe combined ADHD, anxiety and depression.  We applied back in February for PIP and sent the form back mid May after being granted an extension (I'm ADHD too lol)
We received a phone assessment appointment from CAPITA.  It was too soon as I needed time to prepare my daughter for the call so we rang and changed it.  Having taken a whole week of preparing - we sat and waited for the call. And waited. And waited. It never came! Que huge meltdown from very anxious daughter!!
We received another appointment.  My daughter was unable to speak - due to the anxiety level caused from the non-phone call before!!!!
Hence the lady from Capita suggested I become an appointee which I have.  Interestingly the woman who assessed my appropriateness for an appointee said she couldn't understand why we were even getting assessed as we had sent so much evidence - go figure!

Anyhow - I've just rang CAPITA as I had received no date for an assessment.  Only to be told that we've literally had to go back to the beginning - as in an assessor is looking at our claim.  Seriously I'm beyond upset and frustrated.
So my question is this - will our payments be taken from May when our initial application was made?  I have a fear as we have gone back to the beginning it will be the end of October - which I will fight as this is grossly unfair.
Sorry for the essay I just feel so helpless and exhausted at having to fight for every single thing :((((
Thanks for reading
Maggie x

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Hi @Sooty77 - I'm sorry for all the distress this has caused you both. This just sounds like an assessor will be looking at what has been sent in for your daughter's claim due to you becoming her appointee. How much delay in getting an assessment I don't know, but, if your daughter is awarded PIP, then this will be from the date she first rang the DWP to claim, so it would be from February rather than when her claim pack, etc. was returned.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.