Pip Delays — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Delays

Joanne99
Joanne99 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Rang pip today has I sent my change of  health conditions/ chnage in mobility..its been 8 weeks  since form was posted back they have massive back logs due to covid and it could be jam feb time I was told last time I rang it shouldnt take more than 6 weeks with it being a change in health conditions  its straight forward  each advisor states completely  different rules anyone else had this  when calling 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    When you ring DWP you are taking to someone from a call centre, who will likely have no idea of timescales. There are huge backlogs at the moment in a lot of areas. 
    I know the wait causes more anxiety but there’s nothing more you can do at the moment. Try and think about something else, although I know that it’s difficult.
    If you need an assessment they will contact you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I had a decision in 9 weeks with no assessment for a change of circumstances, the more I read on here the luckier i feel I am.

Hope you don’t have to wait too much longer.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @Joanne99 as poppy says there are huge backlogs, I hope you got some advice before notifying them of a change?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Joanne99
    Joanne99 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    I had a supportive letter of my carer and one from my doctor  saying how my disability  effects my daily activities  just hope it helps 
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Change of circs cases remain bottom of the list of priorities for PIP at present. Average time is 12 to 16 weeks but that is an average. Some people get decisions inside 4 weeks. I’ve seen one recently which took 8 months.
    I really was lucky to be done and dusted in 9 weeks then...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.