Is 2 hours for the DWP to receive report after telephone assessment normal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is 2 hours for the DWP to receive report after telephone assessment normal?

jameseli
jameseli Community member Posts: 11 Listener
edited November 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi hope someone may help.  I had my telephone assessment on Monday it lasted over 2 hours then about 2 hours later I received a text from dwp saying they had got my report I’m wondering is two hours for assessment the normal and a quick text as well I’m worried can I ring for an update..thank you in advance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,
    Assessment times can last anything from 20-120 minutes, sometimes longer. The reporting being returned to DWP 2 hours later means nothing other than, it's been completed and returned. Once it's been completed there's no reason to keep hold of it.
    If you rang DWP at this stage there's unlikely to be anything more to tell you, other than what the text told you. Decision waiting times are anything from 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer. Which means you may not have a decision before Christmas because backlogs are huge.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jameseli
    Thank you for answering my question I appreciate it, I guess I will just try and put it to the back of my mind and wait for them to let me know, thank you once again ?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Best of luck with your claim @jameseli :) Keep us updated! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • jameseli
    Hi just got pip report back 2 points. The report I think must be someone else’s? because nothing she has ticked applies to me, but the strangest thing in her written report she stated things I can’t do and help I need, but then she has ticked the box That i can do them without prompting or help….
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    jameseli said:
    Hi just got pip report back 2 points. The report I think must be someone else’s? because nothing she has ticked applies to me, but the strangest thing in her written report she stated things I can’t do and help I need, but then she has ticked the box That i can do them without prompting or help….
    Honestly some of these assessors make me want to scream...I’m convinced half of them don’t have a clue what they are doing...my first report said because I could walk 5m into the assessment room I could walk over 20m and also because I can drive a car I can also walk over 20m...hopeless.....there doesn’t seem to be any continuity and most things seem to be copied and pasted from templates.

I hope the DM comes to the right conclusion for you 

• jameseli
    Hi thank you, To be honest the more I re-read the report the more anger I feel, I’m guessing they have some kind of quota to hit.  Nothing I said is really on the report it’s weird the music part is so funny ? I can imagine the decision maker imagining me dancing to Tom jones…she had asked how I try and calm my mind and I told her I use ear phones at night and listen to meditation to stop my mind racing, she also said I use my phone constantly to peruse the internet, this question was never asked ??‍♀️ 
  • DuffersMum
    They really must have a crystal ball under the desk somewhere!
  • postmanpat68
    postmanpat68 Community member Posts: 39 Courageous
    I can't understand how the assessor comes to a conclusion that if you drive you can do anything without problems, I had the same cut and pasted answer that "you can drive a car so you can walk over 200m and do household chores", I wear a leg brace as I have foot drop and nerve damage in leg, so walking is painfully restricted.

I'm sure my assessor re-wrote my assessment as it took her 3 days to send the report to the DWP.

I am in the MR process now.

My assessor said I had no proof of any conditions despite me sending in 4 medical reports from the last 2 years and in 2019 a brain injury which the assessor said I did in 2015?, nothing matched that I said in my phone call so I will next time ask for a recorded call.
  • zobo
    zobo Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hi I'm new on here a few years ago I tried to end my life I've got health issues and bad mental heath I got awarded pip then August 2020 it stopped i put in again and got declined the assessor who came out was awful and was only there 20 mins because I was clean and had a nice place well that was the people around me looking after me any my health conditions have got worse and my mental has his rock bottom i put in on the 16th of August this year had my assessment on the 18th of November this 1 took 1hr 20mins the lady was lovely to does anyone know how much longer i will have to wait its been 3 long months I've just found out I've got a tumour and a hiatus hernia which is causing me problems constantly feeling sick
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    From assessment to decision can take between 2-12 weeks as poppy states above, to be fair it should be noted that tens of thousands of people have good experiences of claiming successfully, few of them bother to take to the internet and tell us, whilst many of those for whom it goes wrong do tell us.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    zobo said:
    Hi I'm new on here a few years ago I tried to end my life I've got health issues and bad mental heath I got awarded pip then August 2020 it stopped i put in again and got declined the assessor who came out was awful and was only there 20 mins because I was clean and had a nice place well that was the people around me looking after me any my health conditions have got worse and my mental has his rock bottom i put in on the 16th of August this year had my assessment on the 18th of November this 1 took 1hr 20mins the lady was lovely to does anyone know how much longer i will have to wait its been 3 long months I've just found out I've got a tumour and a hiatus hernia which is causing me problems constantly feeling sick

Hi,
    I must admit that's a very quick process for you, we've got members that started their claim 8 months ago and still waiting for a decision.
    For you, from the assessment to a decision between 2-12 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DuffersMum
    woodbine said:
    From assessment to decision can take between 2-12 weeks as poppy states above, to be fair it should be noted that tens of thousands of people have good experiences of claiming successfully, few of them bother to take to the internet and tell us, whilst many of those for whom it goes wrong do tell us.
    No two assessments are the same...my husband’s first assessment was awful, he went to appeal and won...his second one was much better and the third one they came to the house and the assessor was lovely and her report contained everything he had said to her, no copying and pasting.

My first (and only) assessment was not pleasant thankfully when I submitted a change of circumstances earlier this year they did a paper based assessment and gave an ongoing award, but I do get annoyed when I see what some people have had to go through to try and get what they are entitled to
  • zobo
    Do they get all info from doctors etc before the assessment phone call?
  • poppy123456
    zobo said:
    Do they get all info from doctors etc before the assessment phone call?

They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is on you to make sure it's sent to support your claim to prove you qualify. Remember PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.
  • zobo
    Hi I received a text from dwp this morning saying they have my assessment form from my phone assessment does anybody know how much longer I will have to wait its made me so anxious all this
  • poppy123456
    2-12 weeks is the timescale. It’s possible that you won’t have a decision before Christmas. 
  • Melaniejayne64
    Melaniejayne64 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Hi I've just had a PIP assessment this morning it lasted about 40 minutes. I am worried because I wasn't asked any thing about bank details I wasn't really asked much at all so I'm quite worried she was more interested in my back then the blackouts that I have without warning.. I thought that was very strange I have quite a few different conditions and she kept going back to my back the only thing is I've had a bad back since about 1994 when I was retired from work due to ill health by the occupational therapist. I did get motability DLA at that time and then I filled the forms in myself and I got nothing so I've just kind of struggled on with very little money. It might be me being paranoid but I just think that I smell a rat lol I did ask for a form about 10 weeks ago to claim pip anyway the form never got filled in because I wasn't well no pun intended. Then out of the blue I got a text saying that I was having a telephone appointment this morning to me this was unsolicited  as I didn't ask for anymore forms  after I'd  missed the deadline for returning the form. I'm just finding this a bit stressful she didn't ask for any proof or ask me to send any proof in. she was very pleasant and she just said that I should hear within about 6 weeks I just wonder if anyone else had any experience like mine.
  • zobo
    Yes they never asked me for id or bank details but my call was an hour and 20 mins long it has stressed me out ever since I got a text from dwp yesterday morning saying they had the report and now I could wait upto another 8 weeks after waiting 15 weeks already the lady was lovely who I had the assessment with but really messed my head back up I've been in bed for the last 2 days and that's all that's playing on my mind 
  • Melaniejayne64
    Melaniejayne64 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Thank you for getting back to me I've just had another text now to say that my phone has gone over to the assessor that was quick and thank you for your reply Zobo Wishing you luck with your application.
  • zobo
    That is quick it took 10 days before I had the text saying they had it good luck with yours too let me know how you get on

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.