Electric Bed - free to someone who could make good use of it. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Electric Bed - free to someone who could make good use of it.

hsachdev
hsachdev Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, we bought a high quality electric bed so my father could visit us at weekends.  He is no longer able to travel so we are looking to move it on.  We want it to go to someone who needs it vs it going to a dealer. 
Please let me know if of interest.
Rather than accepting a payment, if you did want to make a donation to Parkinsons I'm sure they would be pleased to receive whatever you can afford to pay.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

That's a nice offer but unfortunately we don't really deal with this sort of request here 

British Red Cross may take it off you or British heart foundation  they do collect unwanted items 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    You could also put it on gumtree or freebie, it's a risk that a dealer will want it, but as @janer1967 rightly says this isn't the place to advertise it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    hsachdev said:
    Hi, we bought a high quality electric bed so my father could visit us at weekends.  He is no longer able to travel so we are looking to move it on.  We want it to go to someone who needs it vs it going to a dealer. 
    Please let me know if of interest.
    Rather than accepting a payment, if you did want to make a donation to Parkinsons I'm sure they would be pleased to receive whatever you can afford to pay.
    Hello @hsachdev :)

Welcome to the community and thank you for your comment. 

As @janer1967 and @woodbine have explained, the online community forum is more of an online space to connect with others and share experiences, as opposed to selling personal items. Although a lovely gesture and also very kind of you, it might be worthwhile posting your request on platforms such as Gumtree or Facebook Marketplace. 

I hope you find a home for your electric bed soon :) In the meantime, if you want to stick around on the online community, you can always chat to others in the coffee lounge or take a look at our different categories which can be found here

Libby
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 

Brightness