Awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note?

dandanx
dandanx Community member Posts: 40 Listener
edited January 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi I’ve just been awarded lcwra do you get backdated pay from your first sick note or from when you filled the forms in? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi,
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. This means you don’t receive any extra money during the waiting period.
    When it’s paid from exactly will depend on what date you first reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods. ( or the date you usually receive your money each month) Providing you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element.
    Impossible to advise further without more information. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dandanx and welcome to the forum, thanks for your question. I've tagged it as unanswered and moved it to our Universal Credit category so our members can find it more easily. 

Hopefully they can advise you soon, and if you have any questions please do ask :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • dandanx
    Hi,
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month of your claim starting from when you first reported your health condition. This means you don’t receive any extra money during the waiting period.
    When it’s paid from exactly will depend on what date you first reported your health condition and the dates of your assessment periods. ( or the date you usually receive your money each month) Providing you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element.
    Impossible to advise further without more information. 
    I was signed off by gp last October but only filled the form out 18th June this year as nobody said anything to me unfortunately and I get my uc on the 14th of the month 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    When did you report the health condition to UC?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dandanx
    Last October when I was signed off sick but filled disalbility forms out this June 
  • poppy123456
    The extra money will be from either Feb or March depending on the exact date you reported your health condition.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dandanx
  • dandanx
    dandanx said:
    Ok thanks so even though I didn’t fill the forms in for the assessment until June this year it will still go from my first sick note last October? 

• calcotti
    edited December 2021
    dandanx said: Ok thanks so even though I didn’t fill the forms in for the assessment until June this year it will still go from my first sick note last October? 
    Yes, provided you supplied continuous Fit Notes, the waiting period will be calculated from October. (I assume you didn’t fill in the forms until June because UC hadn’t sent them to you.)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dandanx
    Yes I’ve had continuous sick notes and no they never mentioned the forms to me a friend told me about it so I wrote a note on my journal and they sent me the form out which was June 
  • calcotti
    dandanx said:..they sent me the form out which was June 
    Which they should have done 29 days after you reported the health condition.
    You should get LCWRA element from February or March, as advised by poppy.
  • dandanx
    calcotti said:
    dandanx said:..they sent me the form out which was June 
    Which they should have done 29 days after you reported the health condition.
    You should get LCWRA element from February or March, as advised by poppy.
    Ok thanks 
  • dandanx
    Hi I’m confused,my statement is on my portal today as I get paid on the 14th and all that’s there is one month of lcwra? No mention of anything owed to me 
  • poppy123456
    Backdated money is paid separately. First they have to recalculate all the relevant statements so they know exactly how much they owe you. Those statements will then replace your existing ones, so if you want to keep them you should screenshot them now.
    It often takes a few weeks for them to do this, once it's done you'll receive a letter onto your journal telling you how much they owe you. It will then be paid into your bank.
  • calcotti
    edited December 2021
    dandanx said:
    Hi I’m confused,my statement is on my portal today as I get paid on the 14th and all that’s there is one month of lcwra? No mention of anything owed to me 
    Any arrears due will be paid separately. it will take a while for DWP to work out the amount due. They need to recalculate all of your previous payments and then pay you the difference between that and what you were previously paid. When they complete the calculations new statements will appear for the previously months. These will overwrite the old statements so you may wish to make copies of those now in case you need to refer back to them.
  • dandanx
    Ok thanks it’s just the award letter told me any payments owed would show in 7 working days that was on the 26th November 
  • dandanx
    Ok poppy thansk it’s just my letter on my portal on the 26th November said anything owed would show in 7 working days
  • poppy123456
    Yes, all letters say that but for a lot of people it’s more like a few weeks. 
    You can put a message under the payments section and ask about your backdated money.
  • dandanx
  • dandanx
    I’ve put a message on my journal weds morning but heard nothing how many weeks does it usually take for the back pay please?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.