PIP assessment report received. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessment report received.

Coley96
Coley96 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello everyone.

I am new here as i applied for pip for the first time and have been using this site for advice to help guide me through which has been great to have so many many thanks. I have Severe depression and OCD which effects my everyday life badly and was advised to apply for pip from my mental health nurse. Today i received a copy of my PIP assessment report which my mum called and asked to be sent out and going by the report i have been awarded enchanced rate for both daily living and mobility if the DM goes with the report. This made me feel alot calmer but reading up on it i have saw alot of people saying the DM has went against the report. I was just looking for advice from anyone if they know the DM goes with the report or not as expected my OCD has became alot worse because i am so worried about the decision so i am really just looking for some friendly advice. At the end if the report it always says that they advise for it he reviewed in 18months so does anyone know if this is a good indication i will be awarded it ?

so sorry for blabbing on alot as i said this is the first time i have ever applied for anything like so i just very nervous.
Many Thanks to everyone on this site.

Comments

• Coley96
    Sorry i meant to say at the end of the report it also says to be reviewed in 18 months not always.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Coley96 - & welcome to the community. The report is just a recommendation, but the decision maker does usually go along with this. :)
  • Coley96
    Hello @chiarieds Thank you so much for your reply. I feel like this conmunity has been an amazing support just by reading everyones comments so i thought it would be a great time to join. I know everyone feels the same when applying for pip as it is so stressfull i am just hoping i get a decision soon to put my mind at ease. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You might hear earlier, but the average wait is about 8 weeks. I hope you can 'try' & forget about it for now. My best wishes. :)
  • MrJackT
    MrJackT Community member Posts: 126 Courageous
    Hey @Coley96 I have also been using this site and I have decided to join this forum. I hope you get awarded PIP. I requested the report from my assessment on the 12/11/2021 and it hasn’t arrived yet, I am hoping the report of the assessment arrives today. I also have quite bad OCD a long with other medical conditions and I think that when it comes to the assessment I hope the assessor wrote down everything I said as I don’t think people understand the things we do when you have really bad OCD etc. I hope you get your decision soon!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Coley96 and welcome to the community! I'm so glad to hear it's had such a positive impact on your life and that you've joined as a result :) Feel free to join in with other discussions that interest you, and if you need to distract yourself the Coffee Lounge has lots of games and chats to take part in!

As our members have said, the best thing to do now is to wait, you've done the hard part with the application itself, and I wish you the best for a positive outcome. Focus on things you enjoy, and people you enjoy spending time with, and that should help the time pass.

If you are still unsure about anything then don't be afraid to ask us.

@MrJackT a big welcome to you as well! :) Let us know when your report arrives, and do remember we're hear to support you whatever it says. 

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • MrJackT
    Thank you @Alex_Scope it hasn’t arrived today:( I rang for it to posted out on the 12th, so hopefully the assessment report comes tomorrow! 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh I am sorry to hear it didn't arrive on Friday. Perhaps you'll have better luck today :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Coley96
    Hello @MrJackT Sorry for the long wait to reply I did not realise I had people replying. So sorry to hear you struggle with OCD too it’s just a hard illness to live with everyday isn’t it. I hope you hear soon about your claim as it just adds stress onto everything else you have to deal with.

best wishes
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrJackT hi and welcome 

I would maybe give them another call to make sure it has been sent but I don't think requesting the report is always the best as it can cause undue anxiety and you still have to wait for a decision 

Also don't expect the report to detail all you said that isnt what the assessors do 

They listen to what you said and then form their 9en opinion of your functionality against the descriptors and its their opinion that is in the report not what you said 

Good luck and keep us updated 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Requesting your assessment report is a sensible idea snd I would recommend every PIP claimant to request theirs a week or so after the assessment. On receiving your assessment report you can work out what your award may should be. And if it not what you expected then you have several extra weeks to gather extra evidence and information to put in your mandatory reconsideration should you wish or need to request one. Remember if your assessment is a face to face the HP is making an assessment on your representation on the day plus your evidence submitted with your application form. If it’s a phone assessment then it’s the evidence and information provided plus you answer to the questions.
  • MrJackT
    @wilko Yes, I requested mine and the PIP Advisor said on the phone that she would post out it straight away which is good. I just want to make sure that what I said matched with what the assessor had scored. I don’t even know what the assessment report looks like so should be interesting. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    MrJackT said:
    @wilko Yes, I requested mine and the PIP Advisor said on the phone that she would post out it straight away which is good. I just want to make sure that what I said matched with what the assessor had scored. I don’t even know what the assessment report looks like so should be interesting. 

This is exactly why it's not always the best idea to request this report. Firstly, the assessment is not there for the assessor to write what you said word for word. It's for them to gather more evidence to write the report, which will be their opinion based on everything you sent and what you said during the assessment.
    They also do not score you any points, they make recommendations only. The only person that can score you points is the decision maker.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Coley96
    Hi everyone I just wanted to update you all that I had a payment from PIP put into my bank account so I called them up and the gentleman on the phone was more than lovely. He kindly told me that I was awarded Enhanced rate for both daily living and mobility and went into detail with me about everything (I know they are not all that lovely) as he said he did not want me stressing over my award letter coming. I am feeling very thankful and shocked with the outcome as you hear so many horror stories so I wanted to share a nice story for a change. Thank you to everyone in the community for your support and kind words at a stressful time and I wish everyone the best of luck on their PIP applications.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Did they stick with the 18 months recommendation? My first award the DM went with the points the assessor suggested but increased the award length from 18 months to 30 months....just interested to see if your was similar?
  • MrJackT
    @Coley96 It is great to hear that you have been awarded PIP as you do hear a lot of bad stories so it’s nice to see that yours all worked out! 

So do PIP make a payment to your bank account before the decision letter arrives? 
  • poppy123456
    MrJackT said:
    So do PIP make a payment to your bank account before the decision letter arrives? 
    Yes.. Unless transfering from DLA.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • MrJackT
    @poppy123456 Ah so you will already know the answer if the decision letter comes in the post and you’ve had no payment. 

Also in regards to the telephone assessment, what kind of information is included in the report (that gets posted out as a copy) if only then decision maker awards the points? 
  • poppy123456
    Did they stick with the 18 months recommendation? My first award the DM went with the points the assessor suggested but increased the award length from 18 months to 30 months....just interested to see if your was similar?

In the assessment report when they recommend a timescale, this will be for a review. When the decision is made the decision maker adds on 1 year to that timescale because decision letters will tell you the review will be from X date, which will be from a year before the award ends. Although reviews now take place 6 months before, rather than 12 because it was changed quite sometime ago.
  • Coley96
    Hey @DuffersMum so my assessment form suggested I get reviewed in 18 months but I have been awarded it until 2024 so I’m guessing that’s a 3 year award ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.