Scam email — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Scam email

jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
edited December 2021 in Coffee lounge
Hello, I just reviewed an email in my junk folder, pertaining to Scope, and to click on a. Hollywood Drug Store, for immediate dispatch of any drugs wanted. The drugs advertised were as far as I remember, opioids, and various other forms of drugs. I have deleted it without writing down the address it came from. But it did say Scope, so please be aware of these types of emails. Stay safe please and remember do not click on any links. Take care and stay safe everyone. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Hi @jinnty :) As you have notifications turned on for discussions that are posted into the chronic pain and pain management category, I believe this may have been a notification email from a post that was made earlier today. The post in question has since been removed.
    Stay safe please and remember do not click on any links.
    Good message! It's definitely important to remain vigilant, and not to click any links that you're unsure about.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m getting lots of scam emails lately. One especially annoying one is an email telling me to pay bitcoin over or have my computer closed down. 

Again, do not click on any links! 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    @leeCal I get the bitcoin ones to, as well as ones offering me penis extensions - I'm female! Lol.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,828 Disability Gamechanger
    I had 1 saying my asda shopping is later then expected and a link to sign in.
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    @Tori_Scope
    so sorry about that. I didn’t realise, so I fully apologise for my mistake. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    No need to apologise @jinnty :) I was obviously concerned when I saw your discussion, and realised that it was probably a notification for that post. I imagine others also got the notification, so it was worth a word of warning! And it's provided a good opportunity for us all to remember to be vigilant in keeping ourselves safe online.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness