In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In a really bad place right now really nneed my friends on here

Hi every one I have been in such a bad place with my mental health after waiting 8 weeks with no nurse because my nurse of two years retiered I got given some one who I do not get on with and who is very mean I decided I want to take my own life today because I’m in such a bad place and did I get help when I called my community team no I got called a liar by my new nurse got told I lie a lot bout not taking my medication and that I ring the crisis team a lot which I won’t call any more I hung up on her and she hasn’t called back or got any help to me I’m in such a bad way x 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    @cupcake88 - what a terrible response when you needed help. Can your GP help in getting you better care? Please look after yourself, & talk to us all; we're all here to support you. Really gentle hugs on their way to you my dear friend, xx
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    What’s concerning is they have just left me like this suicidal didn’t care and doesn’t care I’m so shocked with there treatment of me this afternoon . Thank you my dear friend I just can’t cope any more .  
  • chiarieds
    Think of your partner (& also your little dog). Remember how strong you have been, & find that strength again. You can do this; you have so much to look forward to, xx <3
  • cupcake88
    They have apparently called me a ambulance and some one different from the team is coming out to see me . I don’t want her back in this house again what a shambles of care I have had from them recently . 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi my friend 

Have you told your partner how you are feeling 

Please call 999 if you think you are at risk 

Have you tried the damaitans for help if your crisis team are not giving the support you need 

Keep talking to your friends on here who all care about you 
  • chiarieds
    That's good that they've phoned for an ambulance, & that someone else is coming out to see you. You really haven't had any care at all when you're at home recently; it certainly has been a shambles. Hopefully the ambulance won't take long, xx
  • cupcake88
    Looks like I’ll be back in hospital for Xmas my team has been a shambles lately not having a nurse for all that time then get a useless one like that that has caused me more distress . I won’t be calling any of there crisis lines any more and I won’t be calling them any more . My other nurse would of been round here straight away . She was old school and to the point but she would of never of treated me like this this is a joke . 
  • chiarieds
    Let any Dr you meet know how badly you've been let down, & do talk to them honestly about how you're feeling. If you do this you'll get the right care, & you'll get back home for Christmas with the right support.
    You should be able to call the crisis team when you need them; don't let this stop you. Take care; you know how much you mean to us all, xx
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cupcake88 I'm so sorry to hear how you feel you've been let down badly today.

Has the ambulance arrived? Can you tell us if there's someone there with you?

Remember, if you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 right away. 

You can call Samaritans anytime on 116 123 if you need to talk to someone, or Mind has lots of advice on how to get help for suicidal feelings too.

We're here to support you, so thank you for reaching out on the forum. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cupcake88
    Thanks every one for your support . This nice lady came from my team there are no hospital beds at all in area or out of area and the crisis team is full so they don’t know what to do and I’m refusing to go to a n e because I don’t see the point in waiting in a and e till I get a bed in hospital she’s just stepped outside to see what she can arrange 
  • chiarieds
    Pleased you got a nice lady who is trying to help, as that is a bit more reassuring. Thank you for updating us all, & I can't see much point in going to A & E either if you think it would just be a wait there until a bed could be found. Perhaps this lady from your team will come up with a solution.....at least she seems something positive today. :)
  • cupcake88
    They basically left me some numbers to contact and said they have tried all they can do they said the mental health services are really stretched at the moment and there are no beds any where . My partner is coming home from work to take care of me as I can’t take care of my self tonight x 
  • cupcake88
    But my other nurse will not be stepping one foot back in this house I don’t want her any where near me or my home . 
  • chiarieds
    edited December 2021
    That's good your partner is coming home from work. Have you let them know you don't want your other nurse to visit again?
    How are you just now? Can you listen to music or the TV to try & distract yourself until your partner gets back? Stay strong my friend, xx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger

Hi @cupcake88

Thanks for reaching out to us. I am so sorry to hear you are in such a difficult place right now but I am really pleased to hear you have recognised how you feel and have reached out to us for support. We are right here with you. You might also benefit from contacting Shout. If you are interested, you can contact Shout by texting 85258 (24/7). Shout is a free and confidential service.

Also, I am wondering if you can request a different nurse? It sounds like things would be better for you if you had a different nurse as you need a nurse but you are not getting on well with your new nurse. You deserve support and hopefully, there will be another nurse with who you will get on better as you don’t deserve to be treated unkindly.

I am really glad to hear your partner is able to come home from work to take care of you. Sometimes we need to lean on others for support and that is okay. It is okay not to be okay. 

One of my favourite quotes is "the sunshine is always there, it is just hidden behind the cloud sometimes". I hope the sunshine comes back out for you soon but until then we will be right here with a listening ear and a hug  <3

Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello again @cupcake88 I'm really glad your partner can be with you, thanks so much for letting us know what's been happening :)

I echo @L_Volunteer, when you feel able, let the team know how you've been feeling about the nurses, and your concerns about the crisis line. You need to feel happy and secure about who is supporting you, as well as how you can access support.

Try and focus on enjoying spending time with your partner tonight, and take care. 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 so very sorry that things are going badly for you, you have lots of friends on here please take care x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• cupcake88
    Hi every one thanks so much for all your kind worlds my partner has been looking after me tonight I have been mainly asleep . I’m feeling like after tonight and the way I was treated I really won’t have her as my nurse even if it means I’m dropped from the mental health team I will not have her back in this house the way I was spoken to like I was nothing and called a liar and then I told her on the phone that she was mean and she argued back with me . I don’t even know where to start how I would get her changed . 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope things will look different in the morning,
    best wishes 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    You must feel shattered after today's events @cupcake88 so am pleased you've had some rest. Wish I knew how to change your awful nurse; can only say to say it how it is; perhaps speak to your GP too. You need to have every confidence in your mental health team at all times, & how things have transpired today shouldn't have been the case. Hope you sleep well, &, as leeCal says, things may seem different in the morning. Take the positives out of today...... the good nurse; you're still at home in the care of your partner, xx

Brightness