Live Music & Festivals — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Live Music & Festivals

Options
csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all keeping safe and well and are looking forward to Christmas.

Does anyone have any plans to go to any Gigs or Music Festivals next year? I see the Line Up for Reading and Leeds festival got announced today. 

CSno01

Comments

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @csno01 I haven't been to too many gigs or festivals in my lifetime, despite enjoying music, so no plans at present. 

I did see Artic Monkeys were announced as part of the line-up :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • csno01
    Options
    Yes, they are a great band and Have done very well for themselves, hence they were the first band to be discovered via the Internet. 
    For me personally, I think their first two records are the best.

@Annabel , what music or artists do you like? 

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @csno01:) 

I do enjoy attending a few music gigs, but I haven't purchased any tickets for next year. I think I'm just going to wait until I feel comfortable to book them again. Are you interested in going to either Leeds or Reading? What type of music do you enjoy?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • csno01
    Options
    Anabel said:
    Bizarre mix,anything and everything,80's/90's Jamiroquai,Kravitz,George Michale,Sinatra,classical music.I like Arctic Monkeys,Snow Patrol,Bowie,Rolling Stones,Fleetwood Mac,Janis Joplin,Hendrix,Marley.Have watched festivals on TV and found them great.Looking to buy a cd player(my old faithful one has finally died on me) I find music is a great distraction from pain and elevates mood when feeling unwell. Unfortunately my music is on CD's,yes I am a behind on tech and a bit old school but looking to buy a new cd player.
    What music do you like csno01?
    Anabel
    You have good taste. 
    I wouldn’t worry about being old school Annabel. That’s good. Some people still listen to music on vinyl, I dont, Istream all my music on Spotify. 
    My tastes range from the Beatles right the way through to Grange. I am also a big fan of Britpop, and the new stuff such as Stereophonics, when they were new LOL. 
    I tried to keep up with this stuff and identify a new artist each year, although for the past couple of years, I have struggled to achieve this. 
    You are definitely right in what you say. Music is a great source of the mind, body and the soul.

Hi @csno01:) 

I do enjoy attending a few music gigs, but I haven't purchased any tickets for next year. I think I'm just going to wait until I feel comfortable to book them again. Are you interested in going to either Leeds or Reading? What type of music do you enjoy?
    I am considering, although there are only a couple that I really like on the lineup next year. With regards to the current situation, we will just have to wait-and-see I guess.
    I enjoy most music, from the Beatles the present day. How about yourself?

Brightness