Booster — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Booster

woodbine
woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
edited December 2021 in Coffee lounge
Firstly I will start by saying I believe that everybody who can gets vaccinated against covid and when offered they get the booster.

I had my booster yesterday, and tbh today I feel awful, have been feeling dizzy all day and v.tired.

I'm sure I will be feeling better tomorrow after a good nights sleep, and I'm 100% certain that how I feel now is far far better than I would feel if I actually had the virus.

So the moral of the story is get vaccinated and get your booster, we must do all we can to stop this pandemic in it's tracks.
2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Tagged:

Comments

• TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    I had mine on Tuesday and I spent yesterday with a bit of a temperature, fuzzy head and for an insomniac I slept a lot.  Oh and a pain in my arm.

Today I feel almost back to normal apart from a stuffy nose.  
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I had mine yesterday too and no side effects at all so far 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I would say we have a couple of years left yet there will probably be more mutations and the virus will get weaker and weaker and will end up just like a cold and be seasonal and not sp life threatening  but that's just my opinion so we will just have to see if it was handled properly then maybe things wouldn't of got so bad 

People who are vaccinated have still haf corona virus some have been in hospital some haven't  the new variant now they don't know enough about so we will have to wait for information about that some countries are locking down 

If they don't know enough then they need to do another lockdown until they know and try and slow it down as they say it spreads quicker  what's the point of people gathering at Xmas and New year putting NHS under pressure again more deaths  and back at square one 

In my opinion we should have lock down to preserve life and at least have a future that can be built back up they also need to find out how it started to stop anything like this happening again 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I’m concerned my booster is booked in for the 23rd and if I was to react I would potentially be unwell over Christmas, however I would still rather have the booster and be unwell than catch covid itself. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you feel better today @woodbine :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    @Tori_Scope much better although I couldn't sleep last night very well, have just been out with xmas cards for the neighbours clear blue skies here lovely day for the time of year.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Blue skies and crisp air here too @woodbine :) I'm glad you're feeling a little better, hopefully you'll be able to get a better night of sleep tonight!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member Posts: 349 Pioneering
    I had my covid booster 3 weeks ago and it made me feel alittle under the weather just for a day and had a sore arm. I think its mainly due to changing vaccines as I had 2 Astra Zenica for the first 2 doses, then switched to Pfizer for my booster. But after a day I was fine again so well worth having it to stop the affects of covid.

I think this is the new norm now having booster jabs to keep up with the affects of covid, until there is a complete cure, like the spanish flu and TB. I just wish people took more precautions as I'm literally the only one who wears a mask when I goto the local shop. I see everyone else without a mask even though theres signs saying to wear one.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Mike I said in my opinion not fact  but it's like everything in life it can't keep going eventually it will wear itself out and as I said we will see its only been going 2 years snd yes the population feed it 

We have been liveing it for two years so we know how to stop it but people won't do anything unless they are told to we know that large gatherings dread the virus and bring in crowed places and going abroad but people still do it the government always leave things to late they know the new variant spreads faster and some of the symptoms are different but they still say its all ok but it's obviously not 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Having the vaccines/boosters will not stop anyone catching Covid... My daughter had both Vaccines but still caught Covid back in the summer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
     Only one virus in the history of the world has been eradicated and that is smallpox. We have a long way to go with the coronaviruses.
  • woodbine
    Daughters ex had covid in the summer after having both jabs, grandson tested positive but he was only slightly ill for a couple of days thankfully.

• vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,411 Disability Gamechanger
         I stand corrected, google failed me this time, I apologise.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Going back over previous comments from the start of threads about covid people were saying haveing the vacinations would stop you getting covid same people now saying vacinations aren't stopping the corona virus 

Proves that no one not even scientists or the government know what's happening at least we are now in my opinion seeing a bit of truth that no one knows wher this virus is going and how much damage its going to do 

We just have to keep ourselves as safe as we can and control our way of liveing so that we don't catch or spread it in wales if we are going out to meet people or going where there are alot of people or visiting we have been told to do a lateral flow before we leave I do four a week so I am covered now and I wear a mask even though I dint have to 

I wear disposable gloves when I go shopping and still use sanitiser and I keep my distance where I can as me and mum recently had it again 

The problem eith the new variant its going to harder to know becsuse the symptoms are different  they say its milder I havent heard anything about people dying from the new variant though unless I havent noticed 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Going back over previous comments from the start of threads about covid people were saying haveing the vacinations would stop you getting covid same people now saying vacinations aren't stopping the corona virus.
    The scientists never claimed that. Vaccination can reduce the likelihood of catching it and reduce the likelihood of having a severe illness, they may also reduce the likelihood of carrying and transmitting the disease.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Going back over previous comments from the start of threads about covid people were saying haveing the vacinations would stop you getting covid same people now saying vacinations aren't stopping the corona virus 

A vaccine has never prevented anyone from catching it. In threads where people have said "it prevents people from getting it" some members have corrected them by saying "no it doesn't"
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    @Anabel well said, couldn't agree more 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Just as a reminder to all, please ensure that we respect other users' thoughts and opinions even if we don't agree with them. This is a sensitive subject at the best of times and I think it's important for us to remain collaborative and constructive in our discussions. 

The subject of news sources is one that has been very prominent since the start of the pandemic, and in particular since the vaccine rollout began. As consumers of news, I think it is important to approach what we read with caution even if it does come from a source that we would understandably view as trustworthy.

It's true as suggested by @Username_removed that some mainstream media outlets and social media accounts will publish certain stories without perhaps giving them the thorough background checks they deserve, but equally I totally understand why people would read such stories and assign a lot of credibility to them, because it's from an outlet that we should be able to trust.

I think, with a subject like this, it's always worth paying most attention to sources like the NHS, Gov.uk and the World Health Organisation (WHO). 

I have removed comments of yours from this thread @Username_removed and @Anabel for being personal attacks or comments towards other members, I don't think they were appropriate for this discussion. I don't think it was necessary to bring @woodbine into this @mikehughescq, not least because he didn't mention any specifics of what aspect of @Anabel's post he agreed with, and the comment you directed at him could read as quite aggressive or intimidating. Just to reiterate - I'd appreciate it if we all remained respectful of one another, and please consider your tone when writing through an online forum as it can be misinterpreted or cause unintended offence.

Please report any post you are unhappy with, and we will review all situations individually.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Anabel

Of course, apologies that you weren't able to do that. To close your account, please email community@scope.org.uk and we will action that for you. 

Thanks
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    With the corona virus as it is now its not realy known how the new variant is going to be all that I can see from the news and world health that it spreads faster 

In my opinion we should have a long hard lock down yes the economy will sufferer  but on the other hand there won't be an economy if people ar poorly or die from the corona virus 

The more people mix the more   the virus spreads  in my opinion its like Russian roulette is it  your turn when you walk out the door  Xmas is one day isn't it better to stay in our own homes to stop the spread to help make a future no one knows how long it's going to carry on and it's right thst we all read and hear things that are conflicted  

It's hard but if we keep ourselves safe and only go out if we have to and wear our masks I tend to wear disposable gloves but even being as careful as we can we could still get it 

The government in my opinion tend to leave things to long and then things go out of control again they need to act now before the new variant spreads and then something will have to be done if they lockdown now before it gets worse it may help the spread 

Again this is my opinion 

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness